Lochaber Marathon 2011

17 watchers
Apr 2011
10:03pm, 19 Apr 2011
77 posts
  •  
Rab Lee
actually its not an "official" record, Guiness poo pood the idea which was originally the fastest marathon kilt thing. I did my VLM in about 4:11 in the kilt so you could try and beat that (should be easy) anyway dont get me started on GWR we've had numerous disagreements over kilt issues, so much so I've now stopped drinking guiness in protest :)
The alternative book of world records did say the would recognise my claims for the small admin fee of a grand, however I declined.
Apr 2011
10:10pm, 19 Apr 2011
14,646 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
They've approved the "Most folk wearing kilts in a marathon" thing, haven't they, cos there was that Perth, Ontario one in Canada?

They allow "Fastest marathon dressed as a nurse/cartoon character" and all those things. Daft not to accept something that has some genuine merit/purpose. Weird. Anyhoo, still v. cool! Longest ultra in a kilt. Excelletn! :-)G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Im considering this one for 2011.

Not sure if this race is a good one for slow runners like mysel...