Loch Ness Marathon 2015

16 watchers
Sep 2015
9:02pm, 26 Sep 2015
2,850 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
Good luck everyone tomorrow. Hope you all have a wonderful race. I'll be in my fetch top so if you see me say hi. Hope to see some of you in the pub after!
Sep 2015
12:12pm, 27 Sep 2015
35,707 posts
  •  
swittle
katypie through HM in 1:57. Looks a great first half to me! :)
Sep 2015
11:00pm, 27 Sep 2015
5,544 posts
  •  
katypie
I'd say it was all downhill from there. Lol

How did you all get on? Found it tough.
Sep 2015
2:19pm, 28 Sep 2015
11,294 posts
  •  
Ultracat
It was tough. Finished 5.13, set off too fast and then too warm.
duo
Sep 2015
3:30pm, 28 Sep 2015
112 posts
  •  
duo
Well done everyone!
Sep 2015
3:40pm, 28 Sep 2015
18,767 posts
  •  
sheri3004
I was really kind of dreading this as I was woefully undertrained. Aim was "just get round" with a vague and unlikely idea of maybe 5.30 as a rough goal. Overall was better than I expected, thought conditions were good, ran with my equally undertrained bro and his friend for the first few miles then his friend went ahead. Had a bit of a wobble at halfway and told bro to go on ahead. Started feeling better around Dores, made it up the hill fairly painlessly and really enjoyed the last few miles. Finished feeling pretty good in 5.14, which I'm happy with in the circs. Will do better next time!

(Nb, brother only finished 5 mins ahead of me in the end!)
Sep 2015
4:01pm, 28 Sep 2015
9 posts
  •  
plittleuk
Well done to all !
I should never have started the race. It didn't feel right all weekend...I changed my mind multiple times on the morning itself because I think I knew what was going to happen...but I let my heart rule my head and ended up with a Loch Mess DNF.
I didn't realise how badly I hurt myself when I took a tumble last week but ironically it wasn't the fractured elbow that led to throwing in the towel after 10k, it was the kneecap that I tw@tted (I think that's the medical term) in the same fall.
It's a long way home when you've failed, (and a stark contrast to the 2:44 that I ran here in 2013), and having brought the family all the way to Inverness (sporting coats of a thickness that can be best described as 'inadequate') I was funking gutted to have to pull out.
Time to mend, get some perspective and come back stronger.

With warmer coats.
Sep 2015
6:53pm, 28 Sep 2015
13 posts
  •  
phynona
plittleuk - REALLY sorry to hear you had such a nightmare. Sending you all sorts of positive running vibes, hope you get going again soon.

My own race went fine, finished in 03:48. First marathon so nothing to compare it to. Feel strangely underwhelmed by the whole thing. Probably built it all up too much in my head, expected to find it the toughest thing in the world (hitting the fabled wall and all that), but apart from feeling a bit fed up towards the end of the second half I probably had a dream first marathon. I really hope that doesn't come across as smug, and I'm beyond confused about why I'm now feeling so anticlimactic and without any real sense of achievement. Weird!
Sep 2015
8:41pm, 28 Sep 2015
5,545 posts
  •  
katypie
Well done all.

Plittleuk that happened to me five years ago. I was gutted. Out of all proportion gutted. Dragged the family up. Spent maternity pay on accommodation and for nothing. I'm really sorry. It's a horrible thing but out your control.

Good job phynoma. Not jealous one bit. Lol. I was 4.09. Nowhere near my 'normal times' but hey ho
Sep 2015
9:54pm, 28 Sep 2015
300 posts
  •  
Mr. White
yeah, sorry to hear that Pittleuk, hope you get everything sorted (and the coats!). I'm kind of in the same boat as phynona - maybe I'm still a bit spaced out :) Good to meet up with folks on Sunday and here's some positive vibes for y'all +++++ :)

About This Thread

Maintained by Metro_Nome
Couldn't see a thread for this year's race, so come on then... who's in?? where's everyone stayi...