Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Liverpool Half Marathon 2013

12 watchers
Apr 2013
1:45pm, 10 Apr 2013
11655 posts
*jono*
still dunnit though McNewbie :)
Apr 2013
3:18pm, 10 Apr 2013
15456 posts
sioUx
I'm trying to convince myself that a marathon is 'just' the bit at the end of an IM and 26.2m isn't that far when you've already done 114.4m in OW and on a bike.
Apr 2013
3:20pm, 10 Apr 2013
2038 posts
Autumnleaves
Well it's all relative sioux!!! I'm not sure my brain would accept that logic though ;)
Apr 2013
3:52pm, 10 Apr 2013
11657 posts
*jono*
I think each type of sporting event has its own characteristics, its own difficulties - none of them are *easy* if they were everyone would be doing them.

It is a down side to Fetch that their are magnificently gifted Amateur Athletes who can make it look easy - I was glad to read on the ultra thread that Helen's legs were tired and she had difficulty walking after a race.

I thought - yes it happens to brilliant runners as well.
Apr 2013
7:57pm, 10 Apr 2013
15457 posts
sioUx
AL, my brain isn't willingly accepting the logic either!!!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by bigleggy
Meeting beforehand - Near to the Tea Van by the start/toilets/massage tent etc - If there is no tea van try in front of the Liver Building or as close to it as you can get !!!

Meeting Afterwards - The First National pub on James St , just a small hobble from the finishing line.

Oh and happy St Patricks Day - May your Guiness be cold and velvety :-)