LIVE Eurovision chat thread!

30 watchers
May 2021
4:37pm, 23 May 2021
17,678 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Missed this thread last night too, Ukraine , Iceland and France were my faves... the Ukraine one was Wicker man techno! Italy had a good fuzz bass break, but were sub Janes Addiction apart from that. They still might lose.. was that cocaine? Naughty... Twitter has noticed.
May 2021
5:11pm, 23 May 2021
30,934 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
Nah! It is the opposite. We take it too seriously. The UK is one of the best places for producing music of any sort but if you plug it through a system it just goes bland.

We should take the piss in future.
May 2021
5:31pm, 23 May 2021
41,698 posts
  •  
DocM
bill Bailey could do piss take
May 2021
6:12pm, 23 May 2021
12,331 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
I'd love Bill Bailey to do it but I think we'd probably still end up with nul points.
May 2021
12:33pm, 24 May 2021
17,682 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Italy's winner are a big band in Italy, well established since 2017 with big chart hits en.wikipedia.org

We put someone in whose presentation was second rate, the "brass" was muted, underplayed and horribly synthetic, he didn't bother with presentation (often a big thing in Eurovision, no matter how cringeworthy), wore a naff gold chain and at the end beckoned people on like a drunk in a football match in the wrong end. It looked and sounded like it had been picked by focus group. With the same success rate as policies picked by a focus group normally have.

Just put in an established band with a backing (ie someone with fans in Europe would garner votes) instead of some "experienced song writer" who has written hits for a million chart acts you've never heard of and never want to hear.
May 2021
12:35pm, 24 May 2021
20,853 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Blue?

Still, at least they were left hand side of the table.
May 2021
12:36pm, 24 May 2021
20,854 posts
  •  
DeeGee
*Waves*

Sorry I missed everyone this year, I was playing along with my family over Whatsapp and trying to keep up with Twitter, so I couldn't join you all. Sorry and all that.

Still, Italy next year?
May 2021
5:56pm, 24 May 2021
2,374 posts
  •  
TnoP
Ultimately, we had a very average song, sung badly (most of the others whether you liked them or not, were sung well), terrible staging and who decided on that jacket?

so....null points not a surprise and justified in my view. My only disappointment was that I put money on Germany to be last so was hoping we would scrape a couple of sympathy votes!

I agree with Chrisull - get someone established and put some ooomph behind them. Italy proved that even for a rock band, it can be credible to go to Eurovision, and if we got someone to be on the left hand side of the board, it could help their careers rather than burn it
May 2021
6:36pm, 24 May 2021
75,735 posts
  •  
swittle
Yes, but, a 'nul pointer' can be a career wrecker....
Mar 2022
2:18pm, 2 Mar 2022
8,080 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I'll get in there quick. Ukraine will win and I have not even heard their entry!

About This Thread

Maintained by Jock Itch
Peanuts or popcorn ? Hmmmmmm.....I'm makin my mindddd uppppp!