Lightweight waterproof jacket

8 watchers
Jan 2014
3:50pm, 24 Jan 2014
2,568 posts
  •  
ChrisThePuma
Hi Fetchies

I need a decent waterproof jacket suitable for mountain marathons - so as light as possible but still fully waterproof (and meets ultra/mountain marathon suitability specs)

I think I have narrowed it down to the OMM kamleika jacket or the Inov8 Race elite 150 stormshell but any comments on these or similar alternatives would be lapped up readily

Thanks muchly.
Jan 2014
4:08pm, 24 Jan 2014
20,106 posts
  •  
ogee
I've got this one, seems to be ok with whatever the weather throws at me.

cotswoldoutdoor.com
Jan 2014
4:20pm, 24 Jan 2014
551 posts
  •  
jacdaw
I love my Kamleika. It's near enough waterproof (taped seams, so good for most kit checks) and quiet to run in.

I think there is a Montane jacket that people seem to like, but I can't remember which one; the ultra light ones are only showerproof I think.
Jan 2014
4:54pm, 24 Jan 2014
421 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
I've got a Haglofs LIM jacket (about the same weight as the one Ogee recommends) that I've been seriously using and abusing for over 5 years and which is still taking everything our wonderful mountain weather can throw at it. It was relatively expensive to buy but it has proven great value for money and I wouldn't hesitate to do a direct swap. The latest version is the LIM II and I see Cotswold have it reduced to 60% RRP :-)
Jan 2014
4:57pm, 24 Jan 2014
2,574 posts
  •  
ChrisThePuma
down to £100! crikey - and they have my size...
Jan 2014
5:37pm, 24 Jan 2014
1,250 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
Yeah the LIM is great, as is the Montane Minimus :-)
Jan 2014
6:05pm, 24 Jan 2014
2,056 posts
  •  
phal
Vote for OMM here... Love my smock, it's brilliant :-)
Feb 2014
2:13pm, 4 Feb 2014
86 posts
  •  
Wolvo
I've seen the Montane Minimus jacket online. can anyone advise on fit please? i.e. short body, long body . are they 'snug' for the sizes etc? Thanks

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by ChrisThePuma
Hi Fetchies

I need a decent waterproof jacket suitable for mountain marathons - so as light as po...