6 watchers
Mar 2013
3:34pm, 8 Mar 2013
189 posts
  •  
sanddancer
Lidl have got a running gear special this coming Monday:

lidl.co.uk

Presumably they've sold this sort of stuff before so does anyone have any opinions on the quality of the stuff on offer? Obviously it's a lot cheaper than some of the recognised brands so I'm not necessarily expecting anything top notch but does anything stand out as a good buy?
Mar 2013
3:55pm, 8 Mar 2013
13,841 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Compression socks were good last time. Not lasted quite as long as my X Socks, but still good. Compression gear in general is usually good.
Mar 2013
4:05pm, 8 Mar 2013
8,574 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
Always been very happy with running kit from Lidl & Aldi - except for a pair of tights from Aldi (£5) that were too narrow round the ankles.
Mar 2013
4:31pm, 8 Mar 2013
24,350 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I've never found it to be anything other than abysmal in quality, with the exception of the socks, which normally do a passable imitation of sock-duty.
Mar 2013
4:33pm, 8 Mar 2013
6,896 posts
  •  
Joopsy
I have had a couple of cmopression tops that were spot on.

Don't listen to V'rap, she only shops at Harrods or Harvey Nicks.
Mar 2013
4:34pm, 8 Mar 2013
4,388 posts
  •  
AngusClydesdale
On-line of course :-)
Mar 2013
4:43pm, 8 Mar 2013
24,351 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
You can get very good cheap kit in Sports Direct or at Start Fitness any time and not just on two Thursdays a year. I reckon the only selling point Aldi and Lidl kit has is the "When it's gone it's gone, grab it NOW!" factor.
Mar 2013
4:56pm, 8 Mar 2013
65 posts
  •  
Ralph D
Been very happy with running gear from Lidl. Shorts, Tops and compression gear all good. I also really love the cheap sports sunglasses. They fit me better than nearly any other I have tried and are really comfortable. Although I nevr worked out how to change between the different lenses!
Mar 2013
4:57pm, 8 Mar 2013
6,897 posts
  •  
Joopsy
In fairness V'rap just entering an Aldi fills me with dread, I always think that I have been caught in a re-enactment of the Thriller video. Soulless people wandering around aimlessly with trolleys full of white cider.
Mar 2013
5:14pm, 8 Mar 2013
19,473 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I got some cycling gear once from Aldi. It was worse than useless, it was dangerous. Waterproof that wasn't, cycling gloves that fell to bits, just junk. I'm sure there must be some stuff that's OK, but I never found any. :-)G

About This Thread

Maintained by sanddancer
Lidl have got a running gear special this coming Monday:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-CDB873...