Les Mills gym classes (online or real) :-)

4 watchers
Apr 2020
1:55pm, 14 Apr 2020
34,664 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Hi Fetchies
Anyone got any experience of the Les Mills On Demand thing? They charge money I think, but I'm saving 50 quid a month cos the gym's shut!

I know there are loads of things on youtube but I like Les Mills classes.

But it looks like they are just vids. Does anyone actually do a "class" where you are many people doing it together and actually sharing your video, all at the same time? Or is it just recorded video of an instructor.

Fanks peeps. Stay safe. :-) G
Apr 2020
2:31pm, 14 Apr 2020
25,451 posts
  •  
JulesR
Hi Gav, this week I’ve started doing a 9am daily conditioning group called Claire’s Fitness. She’s a David Lloyd gym instructor & puts out a Fb Live half hour. Monday was legs, Today arms, tomorrow Abs. Simple stuff, but it ticks boxes for me & gives me a routine to get up for. I’m enjoying it a lot. She charges £5 a week which includes a bonus session which this week is ‘boot camp’ (no thanks from me).
If you’re interested I can send you a sample 5 mins video of her in action & point you at her page.
Apr 2020
3:02pm, 14 Apr 2020
34,665 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Cool Jules many thanks. Yes pls! :-) G
Apr 2020
3:07pm, 14 Apr 2020
34,666 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
So Jules's thing is more what I was thinking, a "Live" type event. Does anyone know of any others ? Do Les Mills have Live stuff? :-) G
Apr 2020
3:27pm, 14 Apr 2020
25,452 posts
  •  
JulesR
Tagged on Fb. May be a bit easy for you, but I haven’t done gym classes for many years so this is perfect for me (after 2 days)
Apr 2020
4:51pm, 14 Apr 2020
8,259 posts
  •  
Mazlin
My gym are doing live classes via Zoom 3x a day. You have to be a member, but I guess at the moment location isn’t a bar to joining a gym! There’s another local Boot Camp type company that are also doing live classes via Facebook Live.
Apr 2020
7:18am, 15 Apr 2020
34,670 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Which gym is that Mazlin? I'm a Bannatynes member but they've put our monthly DD on hold. I haven't seen anything on virtual classes.

Jules, I've found plenty recorded stuff on YouTube like Les Mills. Keen to take part with others if I can find.

Cheers :-) G
Apr 2020
7:20am, 15 Apr 2020
39,483 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Pure gym are doing gym classes via Instagram - just search for PureGym official page
Apr 2020
7:27am, 15 Apr 2020
34,671 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Is that Live Lip Gloss? And is it Interactive or just follow the teacher? Quite a lot are on Instagram and I'm not. Might have to get with the 21st Century! :-) G
Apr 2020
7:55am, 15 Apr 2020
49,418 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
I have 2 monthly subscriptions to classes for teachers whose classes I used to go to. One is rebound and we do 4 classes a week plus separate upper and lower body and core. Those are on Facebook live and we just type stuff into chat and have a little natter at the start and end of classes. The other one I do body blast (HIIT with weight stuff), fitness Pilates (kind of legs bums and tums with bands and a ball), those are on Facebook live and again we just chat during the class (it’s mostly me complaining lol), and she does Zumba via zoom where you can see others. I actually prefer chatting via text really as it’s a bit distracting doing Zumba in a small space seeing other people (bumped my head on the lift ceiling last time!)
There will be similar stuff all round the country but I do know both the teachers and also some of the class members (we have been posting photos of ourselves on the rebound page to put faces to names), so you get a bit of a class vibe.
There are also a LOT of PTs doing stuff via zoom right now and probably at decent rates. Do you know any instructors at your gym? Some might be offering PT or their own online classes. Les Mills already have their own virtual stuff so it might be unlikely teachers are teaching those online by themselves but I could be wrong.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
Hi Fetchies
Anyone got any experience of the Les Mills On Demand thing? They charge money I think, ...