Les Mills gym classes (online or real) :-)

4 watchers
Apr 2020
4:41pm, 15 Apr 2020
34,679 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
You should have seem me there yesterday improvising Fleecy - pressups instead of chest press, the rubber band instead of bicep curls, zero weight for squats and lunges (which is my norm anyway), and even did shoulder presses with the band too. Until I snapped it!

I'm not too bad about motivation / accountability. That's what I use Fetch threads for! And I'm a total skinflint! :-) G
Apr 2020
5:20pm, 15 Apr 2020
39,492 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Never knew you were a Buchan loon ;-)

My gym froze our membership by I pay half fee to keep the survival of the club and gives my access to loads more classes and when it reopens I get an upgrade on my membership so can book classes further in advance etc.
5 Jan
2:12pm, 5 Jan 2024
2,900 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Sorry - old thread alert! Anyone still using this?

I've just signed up for LM+ and my wife and I plan to use it.

I've set up a small room with a weight set from Decathlon and an old laptop/22" screen/speaker to get going. Will refine over time, depending on how I use it.

Just used BodyPump so far and it's good. I'd like a spin bike to do the biking classes, but I could try using my road bike and indoor trainer first. There's a lot of content on there though, so interesting to see what else to try.

Got a good deal online - £80 for the full package for the full year at the moment if anyone is interested.
5 Jan
4:19pm, 5 Jan 2024
49,063 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
£5 per class in a public gym for Les Mills and £55 a month, so I need to go 11 times a month to make that worthwhile. £80 a year to do it at home sounds pretty good.

I prefer going to the gym and do very little in the house. :-) G
5 Jan
4:27pm, 5 Jan 2024
37,776 posts
  •  
Ness
During lockdown Mr Ness bought me a cheap body pump bar with weights. I haven't paid for Les Mills yet but I'm tempted to subscribe. I currently use sessions that are on YouTube usually once a week. That works quite well, although the adverts in some of them gets a bit tedious.
5 Jan
4:55pm, 5 Jan 2024
2,901 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
I used to love the gym, but it's the time it takes that I grudge now. Leave house 15 minute drive, arrive 10 minutes early to set up, 45 minute spin class, 5 minutes to tidy up, 15 minute drive home... 45 minute exercise session has taken a minimum of 1.5 hours suddenly. Do it at home and it's actually taken 45 minutes.

I did my workout today at home during my lunch break. Otherwise I could do it when I finish at 4pm. That's the plan anyway, to help me get doing more.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
Hi Fetchies
Anyone got any experience of the Les Mills On Demand thing? They charge money I think, ...