Les Dougnes parkrun- France

7 watchers
Jul 2015
11:09pm, 20 Jul 2015
7,685 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Yes - that's what you do. It's for the whole year, I believe - BUT make sure you photo copy it because they always don't give you a copy back (actually second year I did it, they accepted a scanned copy by email)
Jul 2015
11:12pm, 20 Jul 2015
16,957 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Of course, the trouble is, my doctor would probably say, "You? Fit to run? Don't make me laugh."
Jul 2015
11:41pm, 20 Jul 2015
10,550 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Spain and Germany don't bother with pesky medical certificates, McGoohan, nor Malta. Afaik, most of Europe doesn't though Italy do also, at least for some races.
Jul 2015
7:46am, 21 Jul 2015
16,958 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Oh, Okay. Thanks, D. Last year we went on hol to Spain and on the Sunday I went to 'town', such as it was, only to find people limbering up at the start of a 10K. If I'd had my running gear on I might have considered it.

(Actually, thinking about it, it was some mad non-standard distance, like 8.6K or something)
Jul 2015
8:22am, 21 Jul 2015
16,959 posts
  •  
McGoohan
On second thoughts - even though it was October, and it was run at about 8:30am, it was roasting and I saw a couple of people being treated by paramedics for heat exhaustion (presumably) so ... maybe it was a good thing I didn't do it.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by twinny
Has anyone run this yet? We are taking 5 days of our holidays to drive down France, run this, then d...