•  
Fleece and Dust
You're French. Naturellement.
Jul 2015
8:15pm, 20 Jul 2015
160 posts
  •  
twinny
From what I've read, I think so far only one French has run it, and he was recruited on the day so didn't have a bar code!
Jul 2015
8:15pm, 20 Jul 2015
161 posts
  •  
twinny
One French *guy*
Jul 2015
9:56pm, 20 Jul 2015
10,548 posts
  •  
Dvorak
You can call them a French if you want ;)

I was in Bordeaux about four years ago. Tres chaud. The redeveloped quai has a fancy iron fence along it with every 100m numbered for les joggeurs et patinistes.
Jul 2015
9:59pm, 20 Jul 2015
22,411 posts
  •  
Fleece and Dust
They're not exactly embracing the concept, are they? :)
The French seem to do plenty of cycling, maybe the good people of Bordeaux need to drag cyclists off their bikes and shoo them in the general direction of parkrun :)

I was chatting to a Dutch girl at a conference in June and she'd never heard of it. Clearly there are a lot of countries to convert!
Jul 2015
10:45pm, 20 Jul 2015
7,683 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Upsides: I'm staying 50 miles away from there in less than 2 weeks! Trouble is, it's just an overnighter on the way to the Pyrenees. I've never actually won anything running related in my entire life. My fastest 5k this year was last month was 19.33, and that's a minute faster than the fastest time yet run there!

Downsides: My wife would divorce me if I even tried to suggest running it :-).
Jul 2015
10:45pm, 20 Jul 2015
56,675 posts
  •  
Gobi
Actually starting one in Bourg d'Osians would work due to all the brits :-)
Jul 2015
10:48pm, 20 Jul 2015
162 posts
  •  
twinny
It's all about how you sell it Chrisull...I have convinced my other half to drive down through France just for parkrun, and although he'll run it, he doesn't run regularly. Not really quite sure why he's agreed actually!!!
Jul 2015
10:59pm, 20 Jul 2015
7,684 posts
  •  
Chrisull
If it was 10 miles away, I think I could sway it (well I could probably get permission to disappear and come back again), but 50 miles and at 8.30 is very definitely pushing it big time and as I am happily married and intend on remaining so, and I just KNOW that if I did turn up, some flash London git would turn up and stroll 17 minutes.

.... I love French races too, I've run the St Pol de Leon to Morlaix half and it's a fantastic race that I absolutely adore, picturesque, net downhill, rolling ups and downs (I don't like the flat). I ended up on the poster and flyer the next year as one of 10 runners in their race photo too! I have plans to do more, there is the marathon au bout de monde in Brittany although it's not on next year (it's a bit hit and miss) goes from Pointe de Raz to Dournanez.
Jul 2015
11:03pm, 20 Jul 2015
16,956 posts
  •  
McGoohan
General question(s):

so this medical certificate - is it one size fits all? I.e. you go see your doc, you get em to say you're not about to explode if you run and then that covers you for one race? Or many? A year?

And is it just France or is the rest of mainland Europe as fearful?

About This Thread

Maintained by twinny
Has anyone run this yet? We are taking 5 days of our holidays to drive down France, run this, then d...