Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Leicester Runners

3 watchers
24 May
11:09am, 24 May 2020
46715 posts
Velociraptor
I ran Leicester marathon in 2007 and thought it was excellent, and a much more interesting and attractive course than I expected. It's still my second fastest marathon ever and likely to remain so now.

I lived in Birmingham until nine years ago and did GP locum work in Leicester from time to time, mainly in what is now the Merlyn Vaz Health Centre, then a newfangled Darzi centre.
24 May
11:12am, 24 May 2020
26797 posts
HellsBells
I am a semi frequent visitor as Middle Boy did his degree and masters there and now lives on London Rd and works within the uni. My sister did her radiography qualification there in the 70’s (it wasn’t a degree then) at the same time as my brother was there doing his PhD so we were frequent visitors as the family home was in Nottingham at that time.
I did the half in 2018 during torrential, monsoon rain and cried all the way up New Walk! I was very glad to be able to walk to son’s flat within 10 minutes of finishing and get in his shower!
24 May
11:12am, 24 May 2020
26798 posts
HellsBells
And I saw Saxon at De Montford round about 78
24 May
12:05pm, 24 May 2020
46 posts
TheBeardRunner (aka Abul Choudhury
HB I remember supporting that year on New Walk. After half soaking wet through and phone destroyed!
24 May
12:09pm, 24 May 2020
42160 posts
Derby Tup
I’m a regular visitor (normally) seeing customers in the textile industry. I’ve been visiting for around 20 years and many of the customers are friends as well as business associates. My father had family in the city too
24 May
7:45pm, 24 May 2020
3464 posts
jabberknit
You know me, Abul, 98th in this weekend's LRVPR.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by TheBeardRunner (aka Abul Choudhury
So who in the land of Fetcheveryone is also a Leicester Runner? Will I recognise you? Will you recog...