Leg fatigue and half marathon training

13 watchers
OJ
Oct 2011
3:03pm, 24 Oct 2011
66 posts
  •  
OJ

Solid would accurately describe the feeling in my legs going up the steep climb from miles 11-12!

Anyway, I'm now thinking that trying a 10-mile race for the first time would be fun. At the weekly mileage I can manage, I reckon I can do a comparatively better 10 than 13.1 (ie faster for my age and gender, more in line with what I can achieve over short distances). We'll see!
Oct 2011
3:05pm, 24 Oct 2011
4,675 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Well done OJ - and you have gone just above my Nemesis group ;-) I must do some training...

Now what you need is a 10K in the next two or three weeks, there's a PB there for the taking.
OJ
Oct 2011
3:25pm, 24 Oct 2011
67 posts
  •  
OJ
Oh really Dvorak? Sorry! Get training :p

You're right about the 10K. Last raced one of those in 2009. I wish there were actually a 10K I could get to in the next 2 or 3 weeks, but it doesn't look like it....
Mar 2013
10:27pm, 17 Mar 2013
6,480 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Hi OJ, see you got to that 10K in the end and a good mile. Well done on getting the HM PB down some more as well.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by OJ
Can anyone chip in with any advice about a half marathon training problem.

I'm a bit worried tha...