•  
Puddington
1000, not 100 obv.
Nov 2012
10:23am, 19 Nov 2012
11,355 posts
  •  
Meglet
I started way back, but it was fine. Busy, but not really held up.

Check Minnie Mad's blog, she saw a lot of people starting too far forward. I think that's the problem with this race, people get held up one year so start further forward the next. Maybe they need to segregate the pens?

I was busy at the finish though, seemed to take ages to get through the water/tshirt lines then queued for bags. And although I finished faster than before I STILL didn't get a small tshirt, large and XL were all that were left. Which is a shame as I won't wear it. Seriously, who orders tshirts for races? My dream is to be fast enough to get the correct size!
Nov 2012
11:13am, 19 Nov 2012
29 posts
  •  
Carlos Fandango Jnr
I've got a small t-shirt you can have. It's too big for me... Postage is likely to be no more than a first class stamp so Fmail me an address (wherever, work or the empty house next door or something if you're worried about me being a nailbomb posting nutcase) and its yours for free.

My drawer is full of oversized race tshirts so you're doing me a favour.
Nov 2012
12:31pm, 19 Nov 2012
11,356 posts
  •  
Meglet
If its too big for you either you're tiny or it won't fit me! I'm a size 10. That's a lovely offer, thank you, I'll fmail you.
Nov 2012
12:32pm, 19 Nov 2012
11,357 posts
  •  
Meglet
Ah, I see you're very speedy, you probably are tiny!
Nov 2012
5:12pm, 19 Nov 2012
1,292 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
Everyone in my running club (its no secret who they are) who entered, about 20 of them, went over the start line within a minute of the start including at least 3 possibly 4 people who would have run it slower than me. I'd have finished it in about 52-53 minutes or maybe slightly faster which would put me about 5000 out of 9000 which means I should have started further than half way back! It took over 10 minutes for everyone to go over the line. Richmac & Meglet started very far back and were not hampered at all in the glorious PB attempt so I just wish people would be less selfish! But they always are!
Nov 2012
5:36pm, 19 Nov 2012
1,011 posts
  •  
DrDan
I enjoyed the race and had no problems at the start. Warmed up with my son on the race side of the start, then watched him run in the junior race ... then went to Park Square for a final bit of warming up, before jumping the barrier into the sub-45ish area.

My only minor gripe was that the marshalls removed all the clothing people had tied to the railings (soon after the race set off) and then put them in some huge bags at the top of the Town Hall steps. It took a while to find out who had taken them and where they put them ... and then it took a while to find my nice top amongst the hundreds of items (I had planned to give it to my son but couldn't spot him once I'd joined the pens). If they waited until 10:30/11:00 I bet most people would have collected their own ... as it happens I guess most ended up not being collected.

But minor ... can't complain about such a fast course and such good conditions. How often do you see 7 runners under 30 min and 636 runners under 40 minutes! :-o
Nov 2012
8:03pm, 19 Nov 2012
638 posts
  •  
leyburnrunner
my 'well done' email from them gives an email address for those runners who didn't get their t shirt size.
Nov 2012
10:25pm, 19 Nov 2012
30 posts
  •  
Carlos Fandango Jnr
Meglet - envelope addressed. Postage 'should' be tomorrow lunchtime...

leyburnrunner - thank you; a fine event.
Nov 2012
12:26pm, 21 Nov 2012
3,884 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Hello everyone, if you have any specific comments or feedback, please post them or fmail me and I'll pass them onto the RO (my club organises the race side and does the marshalling for those who don't know).

Unfortunately I think the T-shirts thing was done by Age UK. I am amazed they ran out though. I suspect they'll be sorting it for next year.

Regarding number of runners - this is likely to increase again next year to about 10,000 I think. They want to make it one of the UKA Grand Prix races (or even the final maybe?). I've suggested they do something about the start (i.e. why not start on both sides of Headrow now that the first bit of Kirkstall Road is much wider) - apparently this is too difficult due positioning of the finish. Not sure why.

DD - we have to clear up all rubbish from the race, including all the clothes and stuff. A lot of those t-shirts and things are dumped by people who don't want them back. Whilst the race is going on is a good time to do this, because the start team can be getting on with that job whilst the race is in progress, because they all have other jobs to do when people start finishing. It just speeds things up at the end as well, and means we can move barriers around etc. I'd suggest not leaving stuff you want back at the start tied to railings etc at any race, because it's almost always going to be hoovered up by the race team, especially at bigger races.

About This Thread

Maintained by mjoyeux
Has anyone had their race numbers for the run?

Where's the best car parking spot?

I\'m goin...