Leeds Abbey Dash 2012

3 watchers
Nov 2012
10:07pm, 11 Nov 2012
18 posts
  •  
mjoyeux
Has anyone had their race numbers for the run?

Where's the best car parking spot?

I\'m going for sub 35:30 if there\'s anyone who fancies coming along and pushing me through!
Nov 2012
9:09am, 12 Nov 2012
14,078 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
To adress each of your questions

No

Towards the Uni is usually easiest, or that big multi-storey opposite the poly.

You're on your own!
Nov 2012
9:14am, 12 Nov 2012
76 posts
  •  
Andy39
Got my number on Saturday.

Thanks for the info on parking Johnny.

Wild horses couldn't get me round in that time mj. I'm hoping for the 45 min mark.
Nov 2012
12:07pm, 12 Nov 2012
77 posts
  •  
Andy39
Apparently the last lot of race packs are being sent out today. That's cutting it a bit fine imo.

Anyone not receiving theirs in time can pick up a spare at information near start area on the day. It opens up at 7.45am.

Got this info from them after an enquirey I made on Friday about Brother in laws number.
Nov 2012
12:23pm, 12 Nov 2012
3,858 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
If I remember rightly, the race packs are always sent out close to race date with the dash. There is a reason for it, but can't remember it at the moment. I'll ask the RD next time I see him (although that will probably be on Sunday and he'll be extremely stressed, so maybe not!).

I'll be marshalling somewhere near the cinema lights on Kirkstall Rd, since my club organises the race. If I spot anyone, I'll give you a shout, but it's more likely I'll be dealing with irate taxi drivers who always seem to think they are immune to the road closure!

We had some "interesting" encounters last year at the turnaround point! Including some verbal abuse because someone could get to Morrison's at 8.30. I did point out to him that Morrison's doesn't open until 11am ona sunday, but that didn't seem to be useful information...
Nov 2012
12:34pm, 12 Nov 2012
47,971 posts
  •  
Puddington
There are always dickheads on the route. People who refuse to be the slightest bit put out for an annual event.
Nov 2012
12:42pm, 12 Nov 2012
123 posts
  •  
The King Of Carrot Flowers
got my race number today . it is a one of a kind race as in i wouldnt want to do another race of its kind in the same calender year , some of the spectators are rude, the course is boring and the queues for the toilet pre race are legendary
Nov 2012
12:44pm, 12 Nov 2012
8 posts
  •  
fowlerk
This was useful, all my questions answered, ta :)
Nov 2012
12:46pm, 12 Nov 2012
47,972 posts
  •  
Puddington
I've never encountered rude spectators! Except maybe the one whose foot I hurled on that time...
Nov 2012
12:54pm, 12 Nov 2012
1,841 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Likewise, I can't think of a single occasion when an Abbey Dash spectator has done anything but cheer. I was injured one year and had to watch and did lots of cheered, then this girl was sick on my foot and I did lose it a bit .... hey ..... hang on a minute [brain slowly assimilating page information ] :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by mjoyeux
Has anyone had their race numbers for the run?

Where's the best car parking spot?

I\'m goin...