Leak proof water bottles

2 watchers
Apr 2012
11:56am, 18 Apr 2012
130 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I've been taking a small karrimor bottle with me on my longer runs - but it tends to leak very slightly down the sides - which is a bit annoying; especially as if I take something like cherryactive I end up with sticky hands! Can anyone recommend a small, easy to carry bottle that doesn't leak? (I'm only training for a half so I don't think I need to take more than this with me). Thanks very muchly :)
Apr 2012
12:06pm, 18 Apr 2012
2 posts
  •  
hogglet
I used to use a run aid bottle... not sure if the company still exists... but the type of bottle does. It's oval shaped and your hand holds it through the middle. Comes in 250ml and 500ml sizes.

I also use a Hilly bottle which has a hand strap. Seems fairly good
Apr 2012
12:08pm, 18 Apr 2012
1,123 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
500ml mineral water bottles from the supermarket take some beating I reckon. Assuming they don't have those 'sports-tops'
Apr 2012
12:29pm, 18 Apr 2012
539 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
I generally just use a lucozade sport bottle, and can't recall it ever having leaked. I think the design is surprisingly good, especially for a device with a mass produced valve.
Apr 2012
4:13pm, 18 Apr 2012
111 posts
  •  
Fitz
I have one from Runners Need. It holds around 500ml I reckon. It has never leaked a drop. Handy-holdy-holey type but more rectangular than oval. Made by "Hanteens" if you want to search out an online / unbranded version.
Apr 2012
4:14pm, 18 Apr 2012
7,384 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
I always take the bottled water you buy in supermarkets (any brand going) and have never had one leak, sports cap or not...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Autumnleaves
I've been taking a small karrimor bottle with me on my longer runs - but it tends to leak very slig...