Le Tour 2015

38 watchers
Jun 2015
8:39am, 19 Jun 2015
4,150 posts
  •  
Dai Bank
As you know from the Giro thread SPR I reckon Kelly has missed out on new trends, particularly gearing, but I agree that few can read a race as well, sadly it ain,t enough to overcome the utter inanity of Kirby,s commentary. Imho Kirby is worse than Shiggett for seeing things that aren,t there.
A year or two back I tried the radio5 commentary with the pictures, it was ok but the slight delay between both meant it was a bit disjointed.
Jun 2015
8:52am, 19 Jun 2015
56,302 posts
  •  
Gobi
I shall watch it where it is on when I am in
SPR
Jun 2015
3:04pm, 20 Jun 2015
20,312 posts
  •  
SPR
Missed the key moments but reports are that Contador attacked multiple times on the climb to Port de Bales today, Quintana was equal to them but didn't attack himself. Contador then attacked on the descent and got a gap and held on to the finish. Looks like both will have descent form going into the Tour.
Jun 2015
1:13pm, 22 Jun 2015
4,151 posts
  •  
Dai Bank
So Froome and Contador win, Quintana does Ok but seems to be holding back and Nibali appears to be good on one stage but seriously holding back, or blows(who knows) on another.
G takes second but will likely be kept on a leash, apart from the cobbled stage. Porte to be super sub again or G?
Where does that leave Valverde?
Boonen and Gilbert not coming out to play! That surely leaves Valverde with the Mur de Bretagne and Huy stages where Gilbert might have been fancied his chances.

Nationals this weekend, hoping to persuade Mrs DB it will be worth a weekend away to have a look at whoever turns up, given that entries may be in but some will DNS.
Jun 2015
2:14pm, 22 Jun 2015
13,017 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
Nibali was riding to numbers on any given day.

Valverde probably booking an appointment with his doctor in time for the Vuelta.
Jun 2015
2:22pm, 22 Jun 2015
7,476 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Reckon Nibali will be strong first week and Astana will be good in the TTT, but in the truly high mountains, Froome, Quintana and Contador will all be stronger.
SPR
Jun 2015
2:23pm, 22 Jun 2015
20,322 posts
  •  
SPR
There's a big difference between what happened with Quintana vs Nibali. Quintana refused to show his level by attacking but also refused to be dropped. I assume Contador didn't go all out as well as it wouldn't make sense (and I have seen the stage) either way neither showed a weakness. Nibali shut it down once he couldn't follow, and took advantage of carnage in bad weather on his good day. Again showed he is strong on classic like days but is obviously weak in the mountains atm.
Jun 2015
8:57pm, 24 Jun 2015
16,036 posts
  •  
Meglet
Aha, found this years thread!

Had a look at the fantasy game on Road CC, it looks really complicated. Is there another one that's just for Le Tour? (I've googled and can see there's a variety, but can't remember which one I did a few years ago)
SPR
Jun 2015
8:58pm, 24 Jun 2015
20,326 posts
  •  
SPR
Yeah I remember that, was Velogames I think...
SPR
Jun 2015
9:04pm, 24 Jun 2015
20,327 posts
  •  
SPR
Just searched my emails and it was definitely Velogames

velogames.com

About This Thread

Maintained by Dai Bank
Nearly the time. Utrecht here we come.

Fetch fantasy League