Laughably Unnecessary Running Kit

20 watchers
Nov 2011
8:22pm, 6 Nov 2011
6,762 posts
  •  
James1982a
What about the Arse?

I can't say my arms have ever needed warming if I'm wearing a long sleeved top. Maybe if you only have a club vest :-)
Nov 2011
8:38pm, 6 Nov 2011
18,161 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I saw Paula Radcliffe running wearing long white socks and a bouncing necklace with alleged medicinal properties that must have irritated the hell out of her. If it's good enough for the world record holder ... ;)
Nov 2011
9:10pm, 6 Nov 2011
894 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
I am always amazed by the 100m runners who wear those huge bling gold necklaces - in a race where 0.1 secs can be the difference between a podium and no podium I just dont get why they would wear jewellery like that - am sure it must interefere with their race
Nov 2011
9:54pm, 6 Nov 2011
7,127 posts
  •  
barking
LOL Jovi thats probably true...

I am in the buff-loving camp - wet round your neck they stop you overheating, dry over your face they stop me wheezing and expiring, and they function as a wrist band :)

Have to admit, was also wearing compression shorts when I was running, because they dont rub - although I subsequently realised that they are far too revealing and indecent and maybe I should put shorts over the top of them if I ever start again properly, especially as I seem to wobble more nowadays...!

That said I do not own a skort. Or arm warmers

I do have what could probably be seen as excessive amounts of technical clothing. But I am not sure that there is such a thing...
Nov 2011
9:58pm, 6 Nov 2011
18,163 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
My solution to excessively revealing lycra shorts is to stick a sock down the front of them. If nothing else, you can spot the people who *look* by their shocked expressions ;)
Nov 2011
10:02pm, 6 Nov 2011
17,372 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
So THAT's where my socks went........ :-O
Nov 2011
10:20pm, 6 Nov 2011
12,843 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
The bloke next door brings us any surplus courgettes from his allotment...
Nov 2011
8:03am, 7 Nov 2011
1,182 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
The bloke I share an office with brings me courgettes in from his allotment too. Proper whoppers, if you shoved one of those down your pants there would be all sorts of alarmed looks.
Jun 2019
12:43pm, 10 Jun 2019
548 posts
  •  
Albert O Balsam
Saw this thread and thought that in these days of trackers for everything and tape for every part of your body, it could probably do with a resurrection
Jun 2019
12:49pm, 10 Jun 2019
12,863 posts
  •  
Homer
Well, NE clearly acted as thread-killer with the unbeatable courgette story

About This Thread

Maintained by M62 Santa
Ever wanted to get into an argument about Buffs of compression socks?

Do you run with a doughnut water bottle?
Did that advert in RW make that pricey but of kit seem indispensable?
Discuss on this thread and fall out over nipple guards...