Last minute training before a long race

1 watcher
Mar 2017
1:44pm, 21 Mar 2017
106 posts
  •  
Nutkey
Briefly, I'm doing the Edale Skyline on Sunday (ie 5 days away) but this month has been a bit slack. Edale Skyline is about 22 miles and 1400m of ascent of fell race which makes it the equivalent of more than a road marathon - I'll be happy with anything under 4hrs.

Training for Jan/Feb has been fine, but March has been extremely busy at work, and my body has gone to sleep.

What would you recommend to reboot my body this week. Could go and run the Yasso 800s down the club tonight (though perhaps at a reduced pace :) )
Mar 2017
2:08pm, 21 Mar 2017
7,395 posts
  •  
lammo
Hi, I've not got a great deal of personal experience, but i read a lot of the stuff posted on here. So i'll pass on my opinion.

I think the hay is in the barn, so get two or three sessions in, with a bit of pace in each, but not too far or too fast.

You should be nicely rested and fresh, and with a few miles and a bit of speed in the next few days, raring to go.

Good luck.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Briefly, I'm doing the Edale Skyline on Sunday (ie 5 days away) but this month has been a bit slack...