Laptop Recommendations

2 watchers
Sep 2022
12:33pm, 30 Sep 2022
44,064 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I, like fozzy, don't understand why people pay 2 x the money for an Apple Mac vs. an equivalent spec PC. It used to be some software only worked on Mac, but that is rarely the case now. It used to be that you could be less techy with a Mac because everything just "worked" but to be honest, again, PCs tend to be that now too.

I managed to get a mahoosive TV (43 inch!) that I use as a monitor off my laptops (plural!) for £200. Again, a monitor is higher resolution might be sharper, better colours, but depends how much that matters to her.

Don't worry about high power graphics cards unless you are doing "image processing". Just normal filters etc. for static images won't need it. Video processing might though.

And as the others have said, max out on memory and storage because you will run out of it, with images and even more so video.

Best of luck. :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by stilldreaming
Daughter 1 is doing photography course and needs laptop to run Photoshop and for Web design and stuff. She always wants the best of the best (!), but as she's short of funds we're looking for recommendations for suitable laptops that will go the distance. I have no idea!! Thanks in advance 🙂