Lakeland Trails 2013?

2 watchers
Aug 2013
11:24am, 16 Aug 2013
12,837 posts
  •  
Hamsterbolt
I couldn't find a thread for this, there usually is one?
thought I'd do a trail race or two in my return to racing being a bit easier on the feet, thought a Lakeland trail would be ideal seeing as I haven't been for about 3 years at least and I can finally drive up there :)
do fetchies still turn out in force for this?
and are people all camping/youth hostelling anywhere for coniston?
Aug 2013
12:42pm, 16 Aug 2013
885 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Hi Hammy - hasn't been a thread for these this year - I suppose all the 'regulars' know what it's all about and chat elsewhere

There's been a core group turning up at all the events this year though fewer than in the past. Don't know what the plan will be for Coniston so won't speculate for others. I plan to be there - with the kids - but will, most probably go over and back on the day. Our typical approach these days is for me to marshall/work during the moring while M runs the 10k and then run in the afternoon. M then takes his turn at the support work. J is usually employed being useful all day. Would be handy if you turned up for the 10k just to show M what he could achieve if he put a bit of effort into training.
Aug 2013
1:54pm, 16 Aug 2013
12,838 posts
  •  
Hamsterbolt
Will try and get the weekend off work then, not sure what my fitnessn will be like after this time out if you are using me as an example! Will probably see you there :)
Sep 2022
11:07am, 20 Sep 2022
154 posts
  •  
Old Mum
Resurrecting this because I don't see anything for 2023 and don't want to bulk out the feed.

Looking to do Cartmel 18K next September. Local hotels/B&B are largely booked out so I'm looking for any recommendations for somewhere that's within relatively decent driving distance and isn't charging silly money because there's a rather well attended trail race on that weekend. Happy to do B&B/hotel/hostel. I could camp but the last time I did Cartmel it was probably one of the wettest weekends of the year and everyone came out of it looking like a swamp monster.
Sep 2022
11:21am, 20 Sep 2022
1,976 posts
  •  
RooA
I thought Cartmel was the first one in Spring? Have they changed it?
Sep 2022
11:24am, 20 Sep 2022
1,977 posts
  •  
RooA
Have a look at Witherslack Hall bunk house/B&B. I'm not sure about prices or how the accommodation is set up but we bought a horse off the lady who runs it (there's a riding school there too) and she's lovely so am assuming the accommodation is lovely too. :-p
Sep 2022
12:16pm, 20 Sep 2022
155 posts
  •  
Old Mum
I thought it was earlier in the year but looking at their website its saying September. Maybe because of Covid restrictions (a bit like London being run in October). I'll hold for a wee while but like I say, everything local to Cartmel seems to be booked. I stayed at the Cavendish last time. Very expensive post race beer, but it was worth it.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hamsterbolt
I couldn't find a thread for this, there usually is one?
thought I'd do a trail race or two in my...