Lakeland Trails 2012

24 watchers
Jun 2012
10:46am, 26 Jun 2012
16,951 posts
  •  
Stepford Wife
Try and get round without melodrama this time, eh?
Jun 2012
4:49pm, 26 Jun 2012
754 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
And what, pray, was melodramatic about spreading blood all over my face and scaring the shit out of your other half?

I have enough grief from the kids saying 'That means you!' every time Graham reads the bit from his safety briefing that says 'We want you all back in one piece' - I really don't need reminding to look where I'm going and pick my feet up any more (says the man who scraped a big hole in his knee about three weeks ago stepping on some gravel overlying barely sloped tarmac and losing the subsequent battle for friction)
Jun 2012
4:58pm, 26 Jun 2012
187 posts
  •  
Muddie
I quite often walk up and down mountains without mishap, but fall over on Keswick high street. Hope you're ok CA.
Jun 2012
5:52pm, 26 Jun 2012
16,952 posts
  •  
Stepford Wife
Your kids (and wife) are *so* spot on with their accurate observations of your behaviour. Every time.
Loz
Jun 2012
7:22pm, 26 Jun 2012
180 posts
  •  
Loz
Andy, with your local knowledge, would I get away with road shoes?
Jun 2012
8:21pm, 26 Jun 2012
755 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Muddie - I'm fine - SW was referring to a collision with the scenery I had in this race last year

Loz - given the recent precipitation in the Lakes I would have to say it's unlikely (and think others would agree). A few got away with it after a prolonged dry spell last year but this time we're going to be dealing with plenty of mud, wet grass and probably some boggy stretches - trail shoes all the way for me. Question is whether its the Roclites or the Puma Nightfox (like a road shoe on steroids) - I suspect the former.
Loz
Jun 2012
9:10pm, 26 Jun 2012
181 posts
  •  
Loz
thanks for that Andy, trusty fell shoes it is then! Camping should be interesting!
Jun 2012
12:27am, 28 Jun 2012
13,824 posts
  •  
flanker
Yep, we'll be there. Last training run before the big one again :-o

Or the best marathon in the UK, depending how you look at it :-)

Going up Saturday, so should be around for a beer or 4 on Saturday night.
Jun 2012
8:07am, 28 Jun 2012
2,515 posts
  •  
The Flying Fifer
I'm heading down the road to do this one- 7am start for me.
Another question for Andy & others who know the course. I can't decide whether to wear my 282s (more cushioning, less grippy) or my 285s (thin sole but more grippy). The 282s are better on stony trails, the 285s are better on grass, mud and very wet conditions but tend to make my soles go ouch after 20 miles or so. Is the route mainly stony or is there a fair amount of mud & grass?
Jun 2012
8:14am, 28 Jun 2012
13,826 posts
  •  
flanker
It's more trail than fell, with quite a long section of forest road and lots of stony paths.

About This Thread

Maintained by toffee
Who's in for any of these this year? I missed out in 2011, entered them all this year, looking forw...