Lakeland Trails 2011

33 watchers
Nov 2011
9:14pm, 6 Nov 2011
3,607 posts
  •  
Lapsed Athlete
hoping my ribs are only bruised though paramedic thinks I've fractured at least two so will seek an xray tomorrow, with hindsight having ran six miles in that state on Saturday risking further injury I'm glad I was hurting enough to merit pulling out at the beginning of today's ... I did enjoy watching the finishers from my ferry load though especially phal ... and I mean for her great forth place not the black eye ;)
Nov 2011
9:42pm, 6 Nov 2011
1,909 posts
  •  
phal
*waves*

yup, nice bruise appearing by eye and on my leg... twas a lucky girl, so the nice lady in the tent said, that I managed to fall with my arm between my head and the floor or it'd have been a hospital job. haven't got as far to look at my arm yet. many thanks to JJF for driving back home. it was a slow journey... many many cars.

cracking runs this weekend :-) most lovely to see everyone :-) :-)
Nov 2011
11:02pm, 6 Nov 2011
605 posts
  •  
Dave W
Ullswater Steamy Surprise. Weather, brilliant. Music, brilliant. Course, brilliant. Result, not too bad. Response from some other Fetchies at the event. Piss poor.
Nov 2011
7:44am, 7 Nov 2011
3,491 posts
  •  
2 Flat Feet
Dave, what the heck are you talking about? You are the only one to say anything like that!
Nov 2011
7:53am, 7 Nov 2011
11,661 posts
  •  
Pestomum
Fetchies are just people, Dave. what's up?
Nov 2011
7:58am, 7 Nov 2011
16,275 posts
  •  
Stepford Wife
Unless he means the grumpy buggers on registration ;-)

Srsly, what?
Nov 2011
8:42am, 7 Nov 2011
592 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Sorry if we missed you Dave - there was certainly no intent on my behalf to upset anybody. The twenty plus Fetchies who I saw at the weekend were, without exception, precisely the happy, supportive and sociable sort of people that I've become accustomed to meeting.
Nov 2011
8:55am, 7 Nov 2011
1,910 posts
  •  
phal
Please come and introduce yourself to us all Dave next time, did you have a fetch vest on? Am sure we'd have waved and cheered if we'd seen you, as we do for each other and for others at the race as well. The rest of us are usually pretty distinguishable.

Always good to meet another fetchie :-)
Nov 2011
9:03am, 7 Nov 2011
606 posts
  •  
Dave W
Maybe it was my approach. Can't be arsed explaining, and might just have been a misunderstanding in a snapshot of time. Might also have been posted a little bit in haste, but exactly what I was feeling at the time. It wasn't a general thing, but two in particular. Won't name anyone, but suffice to say that it was a bit unexpected. I will be a bit more forthcoming next time, and head to the group. But what happened was a bit offputting. Both myself and Chris Smith, who was also there, said the same. However, didn't spoil the event, and won't dwell on it. Not happened before, probably won't happen again.
Sorry if my post upset anyone. Wasn't meant to. Apologies to all. And hope you all had a good event, and weekend.
Nov 2011
1:12pm, 7 Nov 2011
966 posts
  •  
susietwoshoes
Sometimes it's not easy when people are in groups, it's the same with clubs and groups within them too. People are people and some are more naturally gregarious than others. I tend to pounce on people if I think they are Fetchies and introduce myself, it's then up to them if you wish to chat back. I've met some lovely people (very supportive people) though Fetch. Mind you it's not just Fetch people as a runner called George from Heaton Runners will be able to testify as I pounced on him yesterday at Keswick, poor man, I'm sure he thought he'd picked up a stalker along the way.

About This Thread

Maintained by *Anj*
Doing Cartmel in April this year :)

Missed out last year on doing any so looking forward to th...