Lakeland 100(and 5) and 50. 2022 onwards 😁

30 watchers
Aug 2022
10:14am, 1 Aug 2022
46,051 posts
  •  
β™ͺβ™« Synge β™ͺβ™«
Well done, Jaks!

And that looks like excellent execution of the plan, .

Sounds as if I was fortunate - I only fell flat on my face once! Embarrassingly it was on the long gravelly access road down into Coniston, where I think I must have stepped into a little gully at one side of the road without realising it. I got away with a bruised thigh, two bloody knees and a swollen lip!
Aug 2022
12:15pm, 1 Aug 2022
23,547 posts
  •  
Dave A
Good fun supporting. Will try the ballot for next year.
Aug 2022
1:41pm, 1 Aug 2022
869 posts
  •  
Maccathecracker
Well done all. So hard to sum up a journey like that so I’ll borrow β€œhard but satisfying” from RH.

Not my quickest time at just under 35hrs but possibly my hardest earned. Taking nothing for granted I hope to be back for a fifth time next year.

Aug 2022
5:07pm, 1 Aug 2022
46,058 posts
  •  
β™ͺβ™« Synge β™ͺβ™«
Well done, Maccathecracker!
Aug 2022
6:31pm, 1 Aug 2022
717 posts
  •  
Jaks
Well done everyone πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Aug 2022
7:01pm, 1 Aug 2022
25,918 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Well done everyone :)
I hope the ballot is kind to all who want in for next year
I was assuming I’d be back next year right from the get-go this :-o , despite the Cumbrian liquid sunshine.
Aug 2022
9:02pm, 1 Aug 2022
316 posts
  •  
OverTheHillToo
I agree with Jaks and Rosehip.

Huge well done to everybody. Runners, marshall and supporters.
Aug 2022
11:20am, 2 Aug 2022
20,674 posts
  •  
flanker
Well, it was a finish. Far from my fastest despite still having a reasonable PB chance after first 70 miles. Before it all went south. I'd said before hand that I'd push hard to start and accept that it might end up in a second-half death march, so no complaints there.

Weather the first night was horrible - the humidity far more of a problem than the rain. Although as NE said, after the recent dry spell it made the rock really slippy and fast descents more interesting.

Had to have a sleep at Ambleside, Chapel Stile and Tilberthwaite as couldn't keep my eyes open. Had to be woman-handled the last mile into CS I was so asleep (thanks Sharon!).

Picked up again on the last leg and pulled a fair few places back (ones that had passed me in the previous 2 stages!) and finished with my fastest mile of the race (a speedy 9mm 🀣).

Not really sure what went wrong the last 30 miles. The feet that got around an even wetter Fellsman without a mark were somewhat trashed, the legs had plenty of running left in them, but I couldn't stay awake. Some of it will have been missing most of April & May's training, but not sure that's the whole picture. All in all, it was a finish, when many others took the bus back.

Will have a look at the splits and see if I can work out what went wrong and put it right next time :)
Aug 2022
11:40am, 2 Aug 2022
2,423 posts
  •  
Cheeky’s Dad
Sorry that it didn’t work out as well as you hoped Flanker but still lots of bunting for the finish in tough conditions. Sometimes the legs just aren’t there. It was fascinating watching your progress and willing you and all the other Fetchies on. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Aug 2022
12:10pm, 2 Aug 2022
724 posts
  •  
Jaks
Wow! Well done flanker, that was some feat in those conditions. All the 100 runners I spoke too (there were a lot) complained about their trashed feet. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

About This Thread

Maintained by Rosehip
fetcheveryone.com/races/lakeland-50-8671741

2024 trackers can be found here:

2024 roll call πŸƒπŸΌπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸŽ‰
100:
Maccathecracker
STOOSH
Snoot

50:
Rosehip
Phal