Lakeland 50 or 100 in 2020 πŸ˜€

16 watchers
Apr 2020
10:28pm, 4 Apr 2020
3,367 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
If only that was true. On top of being persistently being bullied I'm now being threatened.

I'm really out of here, for good.

Have a nice time. #staysafe
Apr 2020
11:41pm, 4 Apr 2020
6,212 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Don't be silly, nobody is bullying or threatening you - just asking you to quantify your comments.
Apr 2020
6:25am, 5 Apr 2020
2,678 posts
  •  
phal
I’m sorry to hear you feel like that and apologise if my post on the thread has in any way contributed to that feeling.

As we are often told, these are unprecedented times and we need to remember that, as emotions and feelings will be magnified.
Apr 2020
12:52pm, 5 Apr 2020
153 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Does anyone know what the status of refunds are with property during any 'lockdown (not a lockdown)' period? For example I was off to Spain tomorrow but flights have been refunded (Ryanair), parking vouchered, a tour in Spain (proper lockdown) refunded, and a credit note/not sure for bike hire with a small company so not bothered if it helps them survive. I know Sykes cottages have come under pressure. Booking.com don't have any news on their website - I'll have a look on MSE later but wondered if anyone has had any experience.
Apr 2020
12:53pm, 5 Apr 2020
154 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Fenland, sorry you feel that way look forward to meeting you in Aug. #RideOn!
Apr 2020
12:57pm, 5 Apr 2020
15,537 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I just checked the booking website we used for trip in July and they are just saying "if you're not covered by your travel insurance we'll do our best to find a new date. Can't see me paying the balance in May under those terms"

This has reminded me that I filled in a webform to cancel a hotel booking for Windermere marathon - booked under flexible terms - and I haven't had confirmation of the cancellation yet.
Apr 2020
1:29pm, 5 Apr 2020
155 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Thanks - a lot of companies have force majeure in contracts anyway so probably don’t need to give any offer. I would argue in the case of LL100 it is not unforeseen now as action could be taken far enough out to provide refunds.
Apr 2020
7:15pm, 5 Apr 2020
3,201 posts
  •  
STOOSH
We're quite lucky in respect to accommodation as we've only paid a Β£20 deposit with the remainder not due until 6 weeks before. I fully expect a decision will have been made by then as to the status of this years race.
Tbh we'll travel down if able to even if the race is cancelled but that would require some movement on social distancing!
Apr 2020
7:34pm, 5 Apr 2020
2,679 posts
  •  
phal
Our deposit is due at the end of May... agree Stoosh - If we can travel I’d love to go for the week - we have a house of eight though including some folks who are in the current vulnerable category so it’s making sure they can travel too at that point. I suppose it comes down to if they have to put restrictions back in again if there’s a potential second peak. It’s one of my Most Favourite weeks of the year ❀️ and I really hope we can go, race or no race....
Apr 2020
8:17pm, 5 Apr 2020
3,202 posts
  •  
STOOSH
phal - we're the same in regard to size of party travelling and also some older generation as well as a rugrat!
It was planned as our summer holiday with myself recovering from the race but i'd settle for just the holiday at the moment given i'm still working through this dealing with people who have no idea what a 2m gap is ;-)

About This Thread

Maintained by phal
New thread for 2020 πŸ˜€

Go on then.... roll call time....