Lairig Ghru Long Hill Race 2012

2 watchers
Jun 2012
3:00pm, 21 Jun 2012
638 posts
  •  
magoo
can confirm that it is short of the advertised 28 and 26.5 is about right. Great event and one of the best long races on the Scottish calender. Last ran it 2008 and you will enjoy every minute of it....any event that finishes outside a pub and provides post race food is always a good one!! ;-)
Jun 2012
12:04am, 22 Jun 2012
24 posts
  •  
TamsB
My goodness I am SO jealous. I have walked in that area a few times, and climbed the peaks on either side. I would love to do that run!
Jun 2012
12:16am, 22 Jun 2012
5,023 posts
  •  
flip
this has been on my to do list for so so long . it usually clashes with the whw though . mind im not there this year and still cant make it . nevermind . it isnt going anywhere in a hurry . enjoy the race :-)
Jun 2012
6:23pm, 26 Jun 2012
4 posts
  •  
anguskay
Well that was a tough one !

Although not too much rain during the race itself ( although it was by no means fair ! ), there had been loads the day before, so rain was pouring off the hillsides and lots of the paths were more like streams. The boulder field at the summit of th epass was well slippy and required a lot of care ( for me anyway ! )

Fantastic soup, scones and cakes at the end :-) Bus back to Braemar seemed to take ages though :-(

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by josieT
Hi folks,
I'm running the Lairig Ghru Hill Race this weekend. there's a 6 hour cut off. I've wa...