Ladies Who Lift...

91 watchers
Feb 2023
9:25pm, 8 Feb 2023
10,855 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
I’ve not been to the gym this week yet. Life… I’m booked in tomorrow and intend to make it a priority.

I should probably anticipate DOMS.
Feb 2023
9:32pm, 8 Feb 2023
9,666 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
I did body balance off YouTube to Ness before I subscribed. I don’t begrudge the £9 month for Les Mills, as even only doing one core class a week that’s £2 ish, but I really need to be getting more use out of it than that!!

It’s just hard to fit in with running/cycling as well….. I might try doing a 6am class at home on a non bootcamp day but on those days I’m home alone at that time with a nearly 4 year old and I just know that I’m likely to get interrupted by someone waking up part way through! Some would be better than none though…..

I often use a lunch break if I get one for run/bike so that’s not an option.

That’s a good price Mr Ness found, I think I paid about £90 new for my pump stuff but it was still Covid times when everyone wanted them at home!
Feb 2023
6:59am, 9 Feb 2023
40,241 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I suffer from I want to do x y z but can't fit it in!
I get 30mins lunch so a short walk at best
Feb 2023
7:00am, 9 Feb 2023
28,648 posts
  •  
Ness
It was a special offer, Gymfreak. Yes during Covid prices went up a lot. I looked to see if I could get a treadmill and if anyone had them they were ridiculous prices!

I might have a look again at Les Mills, because, as you said, when you think about the price per class, it's not too bad.
Feb 2023
7:03am, 9 Feb 2023
28,649 posts
  •  
Ness
Sorry, x-post, Pix. I was the same when working. Only 30 minutes lunch. I used to try and get out and do a timed 1 mile speed walk each day, trying to improve my pace over the week.
Feb 2023
8:44am, 9 Feb 2023
9,667 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Some days I get no break and other days I can take an hour. The hour is awesome when it happens!

The days I’m not doing bootcamp I can’t do anything before work as there is a toddler with me, and after work I do run or bike if I couldn’t do lunch or sometimes again childcare issues, plus some days don’t finish work till gone 7.

Fitting in run/bike can easily be done even with work/family, fitting in 2 sessions a day not so much

If I could do before work every day there wouldn’t be a problem but can’t be done

We all need to just give up work 🤣

Husband home today on a normal office day so I have got a core class done!
Feb 2023
8:47am, 9 Feb 2023
40,245 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
definitely need to retire!
my ideal week is
weekday get up about 5.30 bed at 9!
Monday and Friday weights before work

Tuesday and Thursday run commute
Saturday short run
Sunday long run
Wednesday normally a rest day but I need to do core work some where
Feb 2023
8:52am, 9 Feb 2023
24,351 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Being retired does make it all much simpler, though I do need to be wary of booking in too many social engagements and other commitments or time can vanish as much as when I was working. Retirement also gives the benefit of being able to do things in daylight all year round.
Feb 2023
8:56am, 9 Feb 2023
40,246 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
It sounds bad but I almost want to be made redundant so I get a few weeks off! It wouldn't be retirement money but it would allow a break and daytime training which would be bliss!
Feb 2023
10:08am, 9 Feb 2023
993 posts
  •  
Shades
Pix - and then you could get a part time job and have more time to yourself to train or whatever.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
... a weights wire for women.

And in case you're wondering about that title, well, I like alliteration and one can be too po-faced about the use of girl/lady/woman.

Here's a strength standards for women thing Duracel found for us
strengthlevel.com

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.