Ladies Who Lift...

92 watchers
SPR
Oct 2021
3:29pm, 26 Oct 2021
35,536 posts
  •  
SPR
No definitely not just women. I don't know whether there's any reason for there to be a difference between women and men but the stats here would suggest there isn't (the higher %age difference Vs men can be put down to the higher bodyweight differential for the deadlifts).

strengthlevel.com
Nov 2021
4:06pm, 17 Nov 2021
12,922 posts
  •  
early bird
I entered an online crossfit competition a while back but with recent events in my personal life training took a hit for a while as well as nutrition. So I'm a little bit heavier and a bit more unfit but still have the workouts to do.

Monday evening I did the first one which was a 2k row but every two minutes I had to get off and do 5 double dumbell devil's press. For my age (old) catagory it was supposed to be 8kg but as the gym didn't have them I had to go up to 9kg instead. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be πŸ™ˆ I managed to do a very dramatic dive off the rower at the end πŸ˜‚

Second and third workouts are left still to do by Friday evening as I'm travelling up north to see my dad and sister.

Second workout is
50 wall balls
4 burpee box overs
40 wall balls
8 burpee box overs
30 wall balls
12 burpee box overs
20 wall balls
16 burpee box overs
10 wall balls
20 burpee box overs πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

3rd workout
6 mins to get a 3 rep max front squat then on the 6th minute straight into
21 overhead 12kg KB swings
15 deadlifts
21 knee raises
12 deadlifts
21 hand release head touch press ups
9 deadlifts

Time capped at 15 minutes.

Quite looking forward to the 3rd one but doubt I will say that at the time lol.

Unfortunately I probably have a chance of qualifying as there aren't many competitors in the old woman's catagory and a high number can go through πŸ˜• Oh well at least I will have some time to build up some fitness if I do get through 🀞
Nov 2021
4:21pm, 17 Nov 2021
17,845 posts
  •  
Ness
That is very impressive! Good luck, EB. 🀞😁
Nov 2021
4:24pm, 17 Nov 2021
18,892 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Abso bloomin ! Xxx good luck EB
Nov 2021
5:52pm, 17 Nov 2021
18,894 posts
  •  
Sharkie
NB- Ness if you are around you absolutely mustn't respond to this post! Your work is done ;-)

Think I sort of got a deadlift PB this morning
My plan calls for 3 or 4 sets of 6 reps. I recently got back to lifting 50kg but thought I'd have a go at heavier today so this is what I did:

4 @ 30kg to warm up
6 @ 50kg
4 @ 55kg (I weighed 52Kg this morning so deffo above body weight!)
6 @ 50kg

That final set nearly did me in. I thought it would be easy after the 55kgs - but of course I was fatigued by that stage so the last two reps were 'very' hard going. However, the good thing about deadlifts is that - unlike squats - you can't really cheat. You either stand up straight or you don't, and I definitely did own every single lift.
Nov 2021
11:46am, 18 Nov 2021
12,923 posts
  •  
early bird
Well done Sharkie 😊 and as you say there's no cheating in deadlifts you either do it or not πŸ’ͺ

Workout 3 completed last night. I'm quite weak strength wise so only got to 42kg front squat for 3 reps so that will cost me a lots of points I think but it is all I am capable of atm.

I had hoped to go unbroken on the rest of the workout but split the first of deadlifts into 8 and 7 @40kg prescribed weight. Managed everything else except the head touch hand release press ups unbroken (stopped at15 on them but then completed the rest of the set)

Took me 4 minutes 7 seconds to complete.

Waiting for my 4 kg wallball to arrive to do the last workout. It should be here tomorrow if not I will have to use the 6kg one as my gym only has 3kg, 6kg,9kg and we aren't allowed to go lighter than the prescribed 4kg. The amount of wallballs I have to do I

would definitely prefer to do them at 4kg! πŸ™ˆ

My shoulder has been a bit sore recently but I think it's down to a tight tricep so I'm stretching lots in the hope it doesn't stop me from completing the last workout 🀞
Nov 2021
1:26pm, 26 Nov 2021
29,259 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
dumb question
I have a fixed dumbbell which says it's 2kg ... so this is the total weight? or is it 4? 2 each end?
I also have a dumbbell with plates which say 2.5kg ... so total weight is 5kg? 2.5 each end?
Nov 2021
2:03pm, 26 Nov 2021
9,872 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
Fixed dumbbell should be what is printed on it, in total. So if it says 2kg either end, it’s 2kg. Plates weigh individually, so if your dumbbell allows plates to be removed, then you need to consider the weight of each plate as printed on it - plus factor in the weight of the bar itself. E.g. an Olympic bar is 20kgs so with a 5kg plate at each end, you’re actually lifting 30kg in total. And if you lift an equivalent dumbbell, it will say 30kg on either end. Hope that helps.
Nov 2021
2:09pm, 26 Nov 2021
55,116 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Pop them on the kitchen scales, Pix ;)
Nov 2021
2:12pm, 26 Nov 2021
29,261 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
oh didn't think of the bar!
good idea vrap!
and low weight high reps really isn't it?
So today I did 3 sets of 10 but in quick succession so no rest as varying the muscles used
body weight squats
summo squats
2Kg dumbell
bicep curls
push up (?) (dumbbell raised above head!)
fly (leaning forward)
tricep kickback (leaning forward)
lateral raise (?) (lifting arms out straight in front)

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
... a weights wire for women.

And in case you're wondering about that title, well, I like alliteration and one can be too po-faced about the use of girl/lady/woman.

Here's a strength standards for women thing Duracel found for us
strengthlevel.com

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.