•  
sallykate
Thank you i_w :-)
Aug 2021
9:52pm, 4 Aug 2021
12,915 posts
  •  
early bird
And in a twist I had a really good session on upper body on Tuesday 😊 Incline bench dumbells rows and press all increased in weight and feeling stronger πŸ’ͺ

Went down tonight to 'do our own thing' and my PT was in. He called us over after we warmed up and passed us a small whiteboard on which he'd written a workout 😱 I recently asked him if he could try and get me ready to do the crossfit open in February at the prescribed weight for my age. Tonight he said if your in the gym you are my property especially if you want the open πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚πŸ˜Š

So he gave us
4 rounds of

dumbell z press

30 sec ring row hold as horizontal as possible

Then 10 rounds of
3 devil's press
7 thrusters
9 calories on the rower

Yes WOD is workout of the day in crossfit which is what I do rather than just solely weight lifting like most of the ladies on here. That WOD consisted of 4,000m on the ski erg (cardio equipment that mimics cross-country skiing) then 3 rounds of 150 press

ups, 100 dumbell snatches and 50 burpee box overs.

Spent more time this evening working on my handstands afterwards and able to do about 4 seconds with feet off the wall now so slowly improving.

I do think I maybe a bit sensitive atm as I'm struggling a bit mentally. Yesterday afternoon one of the other instructors was in and he said how well we are both doing.

Thankyou for all your comments and suggestions 😊
Aug 2021
9:58pm, 4 Aug 2021
12,916 posts
  •  
early bird
Ouch i_w hope it recovers quickly πŸ˜” Agree with ankle mobility for squats. I have actually started to wear lifters for squatting didn't really want to and have resisted for a while but have given in now and it's definitely helping
Aug 2021
10:08pm, 4 Aug 2021
8,158 posts
  •  
sallykate
EB great to hear you had positive feedback from another instructor! I still think people should be sensitive to your sensitivity...if you see what I mean - don't make it your fault (though good to be aware of when you might be overthinking).
Aug 2021
1:06pm, 6 Aug 2021
51,921 posts
  •  
alpenrose
Great to hear you're doing well and have something a bit more long-term to focus on.

IW, hope you won't be out for too long this time.
Oct 2021
11:01am, 4 Oct 2021
28,333 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Question to the wise
If I got to the gym 4 days on the trot (m-th) in line with new office hours (boo hiss) and I want to do 3 days of strength work what's the best approach?
upper
core lower

3 days on the trot?
Oct 2021
11:08am, 4 Oct 2021
54,359 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
The best approach is to start with one day and recover from that :)

I'd suggest engaging a PT to get you started and to get you into a position where you're confident managing your own progression and maintenance.
Oct 2021
11:15am, 4 Oct 2021
28,335 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
good shout
Oct 2021
11:35am, 4 Oct 2021
54,362 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Now I've got my target race out of the way, getting back under a barbell is on my to-do list for the next few months. I won't be racing anything longer than 10 miles for the rest of the year.
Oct 2021
11:44am, 4 Oct 2021
17,070 posts
  •  
Ness
Forgot about this thread. Can anyone give me advice about elbow strain. I seem to have got a slight strain from doing barbell biceps and triceps exercises. I’m currently using Volterol and supporting the elbow with an elasticated tubular bandage when I’m training. It’s funny cos it’s only one elbow and not both. Is it ok to keep training? What sort of recovery time should I expect?

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
... a weights wire for women.

And in case you're wondering about that title, well, I like alliteration and one can be too po-faced about the use of girl/lady/woman.

Here's a strength standards for women thing Duracel found for us
strengthlevel.com

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.