•  
cathrobinson
Wow, I_w, that’s remarkable.
Dec 2020
7:39pm, 2 Dec 2020
2,542 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
I say 'casually', but mean I was able to do it in training rather than having the atmosphere of a competition to egg me on!
Dec 2020
3:31pm, 19 Dec 2020
12,868 posts
  •  
early bird
Been very quiet of late. Lots of reasons but no need to air them here.
Popped to the gym this morning did most of what the plan said on the board but felt a bit blah about it all. Lately it has all been technique work and gymnastic stuff and I want to do do some proper lifting.

After I did the prescribed stuff I decided to do some back squatting. Worked up in easy sets of three then decided to give a pb a go. Pre, pre covid and injury I got up to 65kg and was carrying significantly more body weight. Today 60kg felt comfortable so I went to see if I could equal my pb and I did. OH gave me some breathing tips so I added on an extra kg (every kg counts 😉) I wouldn't say I smashed it as it felt heavy but I certainly didn't feel like I was goi g to fail the lift. Maybe I had another 1 or 2 kg in there who knows but I was happy to stop there so 66kg new back squat weight. Still significantly behind everyone else but I'm competing against me not them.
We are in tier 3 and awaiting the press conference at 16.00. I'm praying we don't go to tier 4 and closed gyms. Need to keep plodding onwards
Dec 2020
4:31pm, 19 Dec 2020
48,036 posts
  •  
elfinrose
Well done EB. medal Not good news for you though.
Dec 2020
4:48pm, 19 Dec 2020
12,869 posts
  •  
early bird
Thank you. No its not good news just been confirmed we are definitely tier 4 🙁
Jan 2021
10:42pm, 27 Jan 2021
27,809 posts
  •  
Max71
.....and we went into T4....

I hope that hasn't impacted on you all too much, and you're still getting your lifts in with your KB's / DB's etc.
Jan 2021
9:46am, 28 Jan 2021
9,011 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
Hey Max! Good to ‘see’ you.

I’m much more accepting of Zoom based PT this lockdown than I was before. I think it’s probably reflecting on last year’s experience and realising this won’t just be a few weeks long... whereas last year, it was all so unknown and I, for one, thought restrictions would be for weeks, not months.

So, I’m doing 1-2 PT sessions a week in the garage. My favourite PT is really great and knows how I prefer to structure my sessions and what I’m trying to achieve, so he still works within that.

I’m personally doing much better with training this time than last year - either lockdown.
Jan 2021
9:38am, 29 Jan 2021
27,811 posts
  •  
Max71
And you Cath!

I have had a few clients say the same thing, people are leaning into it a lot more. I would never have thought about coaching weightlifting online, but it turns out it's ok. It keep my clients happy and we maintain our connection. The fact that I am now coaching people overseas is bloody cool.

Have you managed to get hold of some kit?
Jan 2021
9:45am, 29 Jan 2021
9,012 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
I’m really lucky in that Nic used to PT so she has a set of variable weight dumbbells so we’ve got a pair of them with weight range of 2-22kg. We don’t have a bar and plates, but there’s plenty can be done with dumbbells, thankfully.

In first lockdown our gym gave all members a set of resistance bands so we use those too.

Awesome to hear your clients are more into it too this time round, and congratulations on spreading your business oversees too!! :-)
Apr 2021
3:12pm, 7 Apr 2021
426 posts
  •  
Shades
Gym booked for Monday 😀😀😀

During lockdown I've not really lifted anything heavier than a mug of coffee.

Lots of work to do.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
... a weights wire for women.

And in case you're wondering about that title, well, I like alliteration and one can be too po-faced about the use of girl/lady/woman.

Here's a strength standards for women thing Duracel found for us
strengthlevel.com

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.