early bird
Great stuff I_W you're making a great come back 😊💪
Sorry to hear about the job situation though 😔
Oct 2020
10:59pm, 8 Oct 2020
12,826 posts
  •  
early bird
No lifting in tonight's class but lots of fun still.

5 mins max cals in a pair (as one person is working the other does a plank changing as and when the plank breaks)

Then clean and change equipment

3 mins max cals

And again. Clean and change equipment

1 min each max cal and 1 min plank

Started on the bike then the rower ended on the ski erg. Nice warm up 😂

Lots of mobility work on hips shoulders and wrists. Ended on 50 single skips and 10 knee raises x8. Knee raises getting better and I actually managed to regrip the bar today so grip strength is improving. I get a bit lost when cou ting rounds and finished almost certain I'd done 8 but no one else had stopped so I thought what the hell I'll do another round just incase 🤷‍♀️

Stayed behind class to practice double unders and managed up to 4 but was having issues with my rope so OH will have a look at them and will retry again at the weekend.
I don't know if I should only really post my lifting in here though as it is a lifting thread after all 😂 Sometimes I feel like I spam the thread a bit sorry peeps. Maybe I should just save it up and a do a weekly round up maybe 🤷‍♀️
Oct 2020
7:53am, 9 Oct 2020
16,593 posts
  •  
Sharkie
I’m sure I’m not the only one who loves to see your posts. All of them, in their entirety! Keep on keeping on ....will write more when I’m back on my Mac. X
Nov 2020
11:36am, 3 Nov 2020
2,459 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Your updates are good motivation, EB!

I've been pretty distant from the thread lately. Still pushing on and now trying to get back into routine of 4 sessions a week. PT has updated program with an aim to peaking just before Xmas and testing 1 rep maxes (given there are no competitions on the horizon).

I managed 5 deadlift reps at 120kg last week (PT wants 4 reps at 130kg to be attempted this week). Also managed 4 (relatively easy) reps at 100kg with the safety squat bar with PT this morning.
Nov 2020
9:22pm, 3 Nov 2020
8,741 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
I’ve just been to the gym for my last in person PT session for a month... I feel a sense of loss - I really didn’t get on with working out in my garage with coaches over Zoom.
Nov 2020
9:42pm, 3 Nov 2020
21,648 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I've got my last session for a month at the gym tomorrow. Circuits at 08:15. I'm borrowing some weights and going to keep on with tabata in the park, free work yoga via Zoom and running workshop (he loves to get us crab-walking).
Nov 2020
9:51pm, 3 Nov 2020
12,852 posts
  •  
early bird
Had my last crossfit class tonight and my last PT session is booked for 11am tomorrow. It was an awesome class tonight loved every minute of it! Very very sad to not being able to go again because of the lockdown but the gym is loaning out equipment and sending workouts with a weekly WOD competition so hopefully it won't be too bad if it stays as a short as it is supposed to.....
I also have a bit of equipment at home so hoping to remain motivated and make use of it all!
Nov 2020
9:52pm, 3 Nov 2020
12,853 posts
  •  
early bird
Great lifting too I_W it seems like you've got your injury behind you now 😊
Nov 2020
10:28pm, 3 Nov 2020
16,729 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Last gym for me tomorrow too. I've just last minute booked it at the Athletics Centre. I was there today but at the indoor track with last jumps and sprints session.

Hope I can still actually move tomorrow

*bites off more than can chew*
Nov 2020
10:34pm, 3 Nov 2020
16,730 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Your gym does sound great eb. And you are always inspiring!

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
... a weights wire for women.

And in case you're wondering about that title, well, I like alliteration and one can be too po-faced about the use of girl/lady/woman.

Here's a strength standards for women thing Duracel found for us
strengthlevel.com

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.