Ladies Who Lift...

91 watchers
Oct 2020
4:04pm, 4 Oct 2020
12,807 posts
  •  
early bird
Omg I've just googled huggies pull ups..... 🙈 You can tell my youngest child is 25 😂
Oct 2020
4:19pm, 4 Oct 2020
1,575 posts
  •  
Grast_girl
LOL EB!
SPR
Oct 2020
6:47pm, 4 Oct 2020
31,839 posts
  •  
SPR
Are you trying to do strict pull ups? Do you use bands for assistance if struggling to get reps in (so do some without bands but use bands to get more reps in if can only do a few)? Otherwise I'd have thought it was just about consistency (which is the bit I find hard normally)? I managed that for a bit in lockdown and got to being able to do 10 properly in one set but haven't done them for about 3 months now. Maybe I'll get back to them now track season is over.

Nice work on the leg press Sharkie.
Oct 2020
6:58pm, 4 Oct 2020
12,808 posts
  •  
early bird
I have two different bands. The heavier one I can do 5 reps on so moved to the lighter one and can now do 2. PT wants me to stop doing banded pull ups and work on improving my lat strength with banded rows and bent over rows but I just can't seem to avoid the lure of the bar.
His point was that the band gives assistance at the hardest part of the movement so not gaining in strength where its most needed.

I know Kari Pearce has a pull up programme out but a bit reluctant to pay out for that atm as I've spent a fair bit lately on other stuff and need about three months to pay it all off.
I've some googling and have idea of how to progress after bent over rows to inverted rows etc and now I have a squat rack I can do those.

I was just kinda hoping maybe some of you had some little gems of wisdom I could use too
Oct 2020
7:01pm, 4 Oct 2020
12,809 posts
  •  
early bird
I can't do strict yet but that's the dream
SPR
Oct 2020
7:09pm, 4 Oct 2020
31,842 posts
  •  
SPR
I guess if you have a coach then best to listen to him. I presume he's saying do other stuff to get lats strong then return to pull ups which makes sense and his band point makes sense.

Do you do hangs? Partial reps could help as well? Or eccentric lowers?

I've done hanging but not the other two which I read as somewhere (will see if I can find a link).
Oct 2020
7:41pm, 4 Oct 2020
12,810 posts
  •  
early bird
Not tried negatives yet but I have done hangs and engaged lats for the initial 'pull'. I'm just a very impatient person sometimes and I want things to progress quicker than they are 🙄
Oct 2020
3:35pm, 5 Oct 2020
12,814 posts
  •  
early bird
Double under practice today. Was limited to ten minutes. Managed to string 3 together at one point but started to consistently get 2 together. It all seems ludicrously easy until you try and do them 😂

Another 200 banded crab walks 🙄 and hip flexor banded things too.

Practiced box jumps got up to a 20kg plate on top of my baby box 😊. Apparently I was making good clearance but wasn't allowed to try the big box I got told off when I tried to get it out 😂

Workout out every 4 mins
8 x 6kg wallballs
15 chest to bar (bar on squat rack)
8 box jumps (baby box with 10kg plate)
10 cals echo bike

He decided of course to increase the reps each round 🙄 ended up doing 20 chest to bar and 12 box jumps on the last round.

Felt a lot fitter today and had more spring in my step which I was pleased about as I did go out and try and run a mile yesterday without stopping and managed it 😊 last time doing an 800m at gym I stopped and walked 🙈 I played around a bit with push presses and situps on my new bench in the decline position. So that made five days of work last week for me. I'm slowly increasing my workload and trying not to overdo it.

Tomorrow is strength day 💪💪💪😭
Oct 2020
2:08pm, 6 Oct 2020
12,822 posts
  •  
early bird
Strength today. Warm up for 5 mins on the bike where I found my legs didn't want to pedal after yesterday 🙄 Then a metal 5kg plate on the floor that I had to slide between my feet while doing a 'crab walk' only to be followed by more banded crab walks. I think I'm resigned to doing banded crab walks every sessions now 😂

Then to the sexy stuff
4x4 back squats @54kg
4x4 push press @30kg
4x4 deadlifts @87kg 💪

Was supposed to be 82kg on the deadlifts but someone who wasn't me miscounted the plates 😳 pleased I managed them though as that's more than body weight.
Oct 2020
8:50pm, 7 Oct 2020
2,396 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Falling way behind on what's been happening - there's some ace lifting been happening :) I've been feeling exhausted and struggling with motivation - not helped by really not enjoying new job and shifts I'm having to do (looking like I'll be handing my notice in).

PT had me doing safety bar squats to depth yesterday, without a box to limit depth of squat/to sit on - managed to do my last set of 5 yesterday at 90kg! Also back on the deadlifts again - managed all 5 sets on Saturday at 110kg - first set were dead stop (so re-setting on floor for each rep) and the last 4 sets are tap and go with straps on - managed them all without having to drop the weight, but felt like I might die!!

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
... a weights wire for women.

And in case you're wondering about that title, well, I like alliteration and one can be too po-faced about the use of girl/lady/woman.

Here's a strength standards for women thing Duracel found for us
strengthlevel.com

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.