Ladies Who Lift...

2 lurkers | 75 watchers
29 Nov
6:32am, 29 Nov 2022
3,076 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I have been wanting to do it for a few years but with life stuff I haven't been able to.
5 Dec
9:05pm, 5 Dec 2022
5,942 posts
  •  
quimby

😍
5 Dec
9:07pm, 5 Dec 2022
10,610 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
:-)

I got the same today too :-)
5 Dec
9:10pm, 5 Dec 2022
5,944 posts
  •  
quimby
I do like "No Jar Lid is Safe".

There's actually a gym in a church up the road from me called "Give Me Strength".
5 Dec
9:34pm, 5 Dec 2022
10,611 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
That’s a brilliant name. And yes, no Jar Lid is Safe was a particular favourite of mine too :-)
5 Dec
9:35pm, 5 Dec 2022
10,612 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
I won’t hit 100 hrs this year but it might have to be a target for 2023 so I can see what the next badge is.
5 Dec
10:03pm, 5 Dec 2022
57,750 posts
  •  
alpenrose
I don't think I'll be collecting these badges as I log under different categories, but I can live with that. :)

Opening jars is my least favourite thing as I don't have much strength or stretch in my hands. I usually have to resort to a kettle to help.
5 Dec
10:29pm, 5 Dec 2022
23,144 posts
  •  
Meglet
Alpenrose, you need a jar-key gadget. You lift the edge of the lid to release the vacuum and the lid unscrews easily!
5 Dec
10:40pm, 5 Dec 2022
8,097 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
Don't even need a tool, just hit the edge of the jar lid on something to break the vacuum. Not too hard though!
4:16am
4:16am, 6 Dec 2022
5,945 posts
  •  
quimby
I have a rubber disk thing for opening jars, from Lakeland. An old swimming hat works just as well.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
... a weights wire for women.

And in case you're wondering about that title, well, I like alliteration and one can be too po-faced about the use of girl/lady/woman.

Here's a strength standards for women thing Duracel found for us
strengthlevel.com

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.