Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Knuckle pain

1 watcher
Mar 2013
8:41am, 12 Mar 2013
6921 posts
richmac
Right so I'm off to the gP on Thursday, but i normally like to have a fairly good idea of what I'm asking him, i've googled away but can't seem to figudre it out.

The problem is my first knuckle (nearest my hand) on my index finger is well painfull. No inflamation of the hand or just. It hurts when I spread my fingers and at other random monvements. There does seem to be a little pocket of fluid perched by the joint but as its only my thumb I can get to it with i'm not sure! Dosing it with diclofenic & paracetomal eases things. Any gusses/suggestion? I don't want to hear any votes for amputation.
Mar 2013
8:49am, 12 Mar 2013
11749 posts
Nick Cook
Stop punching people!! :-)
Mar 2013
8:50am, 12 Mar 2013
5274 posts
lammo
is because it is dragging on the floor?
Mar 2013
11:17am, 12 Mar 2013
370 posts
mushroom
If there is a little fluid and diclofenac helps then it might be a form of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Joints in the hands are some of the obvious symptoms.

I started with RA 3 years ago and had pain in left foot big toe joint, right hand thumb knuckle, right knee and right jaw.

Hope the check goes okay.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by richmac
Right so I'm off to the gP on Thursday, but i normally like to have a fairly good idea of what I'm...

Close