Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

165 watchers
Nov 2022
8:24am, 22 Nov 2022
16,975 posts
  •  
Garfield
I'm so sorry to hear this Tikka, but go have it looked at.
Nov 2022
8:47am, 22 Nov 2022
5,541 posts
  •  
icemaiden
Sorry to hear about your accident Tikka. You might be lucky at the A&E.
Nov 2022
9:50am, 22 Nov 2022
375 posts
  •  
Tikka
Thanks, all. I’m feeling quite sore and battered this morning so I’ve ordered a cab and am off to spend the day in the queue at A&E. x
Nov 2022
9:54am, 22 Nov 2022
37,722 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
keep us informed Tikka
Nov 2022
10:01am, 22 Nov 2022
61,145 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Good decision, Tikka :) I hope that if anything is broken it's identified promptly (it's not always straightforward with elbows.)
Nov 2022
10:03am, 22 Nov 2022
37,724 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
[when I was a kid I fell off my pony, later that night I had a tennis ball for an elbow, was told it was a nasty fracture and put in plaster. A check up at the fracture clinic said it was a growth line not a fracture!]
Nov 2022
4:27pm, 22 Nov 2022
376 posts
  •  
Tikka
Thank you all for your kind messages, I'm very touched.

After 6 hours in A&E and a full body x-ray, the good news is that I've got away with a chipped bone in my elbow, a torn ligament in my forearm and soft tissue bruising in both hips. My bones are like Aero so the fact that it was freezing cold and I was wearing 4 layers of clothing obviously gave me some extra padding! I'm mighty relieved to say the least, it could have been a lot worse.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, I'll let you all get back to talking crafting now! My hat knitting is on hold meantime, but hopefully only temporarily.
Nov 2022
4:51pm, 22 Nov 2022
61,161 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
That's a lot better than it might have been, Tikka. Excellent news :)
Nov 2022
4:58pm, 22 Nov 2022
377 posts
  •  
Tikka
You’re telling me, V’Rap! I still can’t quite believe I got away with it because the car hit me with force and properly sent me flying. The doc said probably the fact that I didn’t anticipate it happening helped - if I’d seen the car coming for me I’d have tensed up and the damage would probably have been worse, as it was I fell relaxed! I’m still very sore, but now that I know that it’s not because major bones are broken it’s a more tolerable level of sore!
Nov 2022
5:03pm, 22 Nov 2022
4,788 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
Really pleased it’s nothing worse Tikka, hope you heal quickly.

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557