Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

8 lurkers | 165 watchers
Feb 2021
3:30pm, 28 Feb 2021
91 posts
  •  
CasB
Thanks both. It's called Bar Hopping cowl (not that we can do much of that right now) - https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bar-hopping-cowl.

GM, that sounds challenging, hopefully it'll behave better now! I'm having a go at German twisted cast on. Think it's making sense but the yarn is a bit slippery which doesn't help.
Mar 2021
10:59pm, 5 Mar 2021
10,846 posts
  •  
Girlie

It's been a while here's my Advent Blanket in a rather lovely 10 st zig zag pattern
Mar 2021
11:00pm, 5 Mar 2021
10,847 posts
  •  
Girlie

And Mr Ozzy claimed it and doesn't lime to share
Mar 2021
11:15pm, 5 Mar 2021
21,639 posts
  •  
Meglet
I like the colour progression, is that the order they were opened?
Mar 2021
11:57pm, 5 Mar 2021
10,848 posts
  •  
Girlie
The edge that squared it off is a different yarn, but it started on the darker colour and finished on gold. Got 20g of each yarn.
Mar 2021
12:53am, 6 Mar 2021
20,175 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
That’s very effective, Girlie.
Mar 2021
10:38am, 9 Mar 2021
6,405 posts
  •  
minardi
Hello you lot *waves*, I'm just popping in to ask the collective for suggestions. Do you have any idea where I might find material with a boozy theme on it e.g. wine glasses, champagne bottles, bunches of grapes? I'm running out of ideas of where to find any - if I find a material place but put in wine or champagne, I get the colours and not patterns!

Any ideas would be gratefully received. Thanking you.
Mar 2021
10:54am, 9 Mar 2021
7,683 posts
  •  
sallykate
Hi minardi, have you looked at our favourite shops over there => in the sidebar? I have definitely seen patterns like that in my browsing, though can't remember exactly where.

Here's one from Athena (a small outlet but I like them): athenafabrics.co.uk
Mar 2021
10:55am, 9 Mar 2021
7,684 posts
  •  
sallykate
PS I should have asked what you want the fabric for. The one I just found is a quilting-type cotton rather than anything suitable for furnishing.
Mar 2021
11:11am, 9 Mar 2021
6,406 posts
  •  
minardi
My friend & I are doing Medoc in September and are looking for outfits. I came across this

but they don't ship out of the States. So I thought I could get a friend to make us a couple of tutus if I could find a suitably patterned material. The stuff I've seen so far seems to have really small print. I may end up doing potato prints!

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557