Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

2 lurkers | 165 watchers
Sep 2020
8:18pm, 20 Sep 2020
21,261 posts
  •  
Meglet
This is my afternoon’s work. A batch of face coverings-most of which have been cut out for ages waiting to be sewn!

Sep 2020
8:18pm, 20 Sep 2020
21,262 posts
  •  
Meglet
Sorry for rotated image!
Sep 2020
8:19pm, 20 Sep 2020
21,263 posts
  •  
Meglet
I’ve managed to amend the pattern so that they stay in place much better. Having to continually adjust them really doesn’t help with trying to be hygienic!
Sep 2020
2:01pm, 28 Sep 2020
38,275 posts
  •  
Purps
What fabric would you used for stuffed toys. I specifically need plains, red, yellow, green and blue. Would fleece work? Needs to be washable.
Sep 2020
3:39pm, 30 Sep 2020
31,225 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
I've looked back over the last few pages but don't think this has been discussed before, apologies if it has!

My FB timeline this morning is rammed with the same thing from (apparently) different suppliers: a knitted beanie hat, cowl and a mask which attaches to buttons on the side of the hat. I quite like the idea of a mask to match my hat (I wear a hat to walk the dog and pop into the Co-op to pick up bread and the paper most winter mornings!)

I can find plenty of beanie and cowl patterns but haven't yet seen a mask pattern. Can anyone point me to one please? Or have any suggestions on creating my own? I think I'd line the mask with cotton fabric to make it comfortable on my face.
Sep 2020
4:22pm, 30 Sep 2020
21,282 posts
  •  
Meglet
I think you'd have to line it or it wouldn't actually do the right job! Have you looked on Ravelry?
Sep 2020
5:08pm, 30 Sep 2020
31,229 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Oh yes Meglet, I know on it's own it wouldn't be sufficient! Thanks, I had completely forgotten about Ravelry (turns out I signed up years ago) and have found a mask pattern which I can use. I've got several pieces of close-woven cotton which will make good linings. If I leave a pocket I can add kitchen roll or some Kleenex to make it safer.
Sep 2020
7:32pm, 30 Sep 2020
1,830 posts
  •  
runnyeyes
Purps...I think fleece would be lovely. But also any craft cottons? Presumably it needs to keep some sort of stuffing in.
Sep 2020
10:29pm, 30 Sep 2020
38,285 posts
  •  
Purps
I've got some Jersey fabric on order for it now as I've already tested one in Jersey, it's super soft :)
Oct 2020
8:33am, 1 Oct 2020
1,832 posts
  •  
runnyeyes
Look forward to the photos P

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557