Knee problems

2 watchers
Aug 2015
9:45pm, 14 Aug 2015
8 posts
  •  
Johnny Two Shoes
I've been in training for a half marathon and everything had been going smoothly. Then one day after a run I felt a pop in my knee, no loud, but enough to make me feel my leg would buckle. I rested for a week or so but it is still happening every now and then. All thoughts, comments, advice etc, will be most welcome.
Aug 2015
9:58pm, 14 Aug 2015
11,604 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Unfortunately 'pop' is never a good thing in a knee. I think you might need a longer rest and maybe some physio advice on what you've actually done. It could be a cartilage or ligament tear. It's also worth looking at some exercises to help strengthen the surrounding muscles and ligaments. Good luck!
Aug 2015
10:08pm, 14 Aug 2015
964 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I used to get the feeling that my left knee would give way and it would feel worse when walking down stairs. My doctor said that it was just a weak cartilage and that it should get better with rest. Since then, I have run with a knee support as a precaution although it is only recently that I feel I can run without it.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I've been in training for a half marathon and everything had been going smoothly. Then one day afte...