Knee pain, tendon?

1 watcher
Apr 2016
8:18pm, 7 Apr 2016
First-time poster!!
  •  
Gwynne
Hello everyone!

This is my first post, hope you can help!

I've been running about 8 weeks now, doing couch to 5k, doing around 2 miles in 25mins and quite pleased - I'm doing it with two older ladies (I'm 22 and one of them is the mum of a lad who I went to school with in my classes haha!) But they are both of a similar age, I ind it quite good as I run off slightly ahead but I definitely make sure I keep to a good pace rather than getting a bit too confident on my own and legging it and then konking out way earlier!!

Sorry went off topic!

Basically I had a niggle in my knee Tuesday but it didn't hut when I walked or ran. I went for a 25min run Wednesday and that went well, no hiccups. Today however is another matter! It is really hurting when I bend my leg for example bend down on the balls of my feet to look into the bottom of the fridge so my things and calves are touching... and when I prod it - as my mum would say well if it hurts when you prod it stop prodding it! It still doesn't hurt if I'm walking though so I'm not sure on the best course of action? I'm sue a run tomorrow...

If you look down at your legs.. it's my right knee but on the left side just off the knee cap, and it seems to be clinking when I bend my leg....

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thank you! :)
Apr 2016
10:00pm, 7 Apr 2016
1,379 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Welcome to Fetch, Gwynne.

Unfortunately, there are several causes and diagnoses that may have resulted in your knee pain. I would suggest visiting a sports physiotherapy for an assessment who will also be able to give you some light exercises to do if some strengthening work is needed. I have worn a knee support for a while now, primarily due to what was diagnosed as a weak tendon.

Put some ice on it to stop the inflammation, which may not be apparent, and get the injury checked out by a professional.
Apr 2016
6:12pm, 8 Apr 2016
2 posts
  •  
Gwynne
Ahh thank you! I just feel I might be wasting their time if it's not a big deal, you know?

I will take it easy and get it checked out!

Thanks again!
Apr 2016
6:13pm, 8 Apr 2016
3 posts
  •  
Gwynne
Ahh thank you! I just feel I might be wasting their time if it's not a big deal, you know?

I will take it easy and get it checked out!

Thanks again!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hello everyone!

This is my first post, hope you can help!

I've been running about 8 weeks now...