Knee pain

1 watcher
Sep 2014
12:00pm, 18 Sep 2014
121 posts
  •  
Aimless Alliterations
Periodically during the summer I've had twinges of pain in my left knee. It comes and goes but I went for a run last night and it was giving me some pain from time to time, usually when I raised my knee a little more than usual to take in an obstacle like a kerb or step. The pain is in the left knee and seems to be confined to the lower part of the joint on the inside of the leg. It's still a little dodgy today and I've found walking down stairs to be a bit uncomfortable.

I've spent a lot of time sitting down while travelling in the past few days from the UK to Germany and then Spain (where I am at the moment) before returning to the UK this evening. So I think that may have some thing to do with the problem.

Trouble is I'm running the Bristol Half Marathon on Sunday. Should I get myself one of those knee support bandages at this late stage? I've never worn one and I'm worried about using something new on the day. Or should I just go for a light run on Friday or Saturday and see how I get on?
Sep 2014
10:17am, 20 Sep 2014
4,488 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
I can't offer much help but I have knee pain every few months which can last a few days and I do wear a knee support on my runs then and feel they help. I'm also doing Bristol tomorrow and have packed mine with me and am still deciding if to wear it. What I can say is a mile or so into the run I forget I'm wearing it.

Sorry not much help but good luck for tomorrow

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mountkeen
Periodically during the summer I've had twinges of pain in my left knee. It comes and goes but I we...