Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Knee exercises

1 watcher
Feb 2012
9:28pm, 24 Feb 2012
4 posts
Johnny Two Shoes
I've stepped up my running (did seven miles today and 10 on Wednesday). Now IU have a slight pain just above my right knee cap. I am told it can be avoided with exercies and warm-ups. Anyone got any ideas?
Feb 2012
7:39am, 25 Feb 2012
2211 posts
heebiejeebie
Probably best to see a sports physio to find out which exercises you need for that specific pain.
Feb 2012
7:53am, 25 Feb 2012
17316 posts
HappyG(rrr)
u need to get rid if damage first. then stretch n strength to prevent. exercises will depend what caused it. getting rid of damage is usual advice: stop runnuing, rest, elevate affected area, cold pach on it, bag o frozen peas. ibuprofen to reduce swelling or inflamation. need a physio or run form coach to advise u on cause tho. Good luck. :-)G

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I've stepped up my running (did seven miles today and 10 on Wednesday). Now IU have a slight pain j...