Knee arthroscopy

1 watcher
azx
Nov 2021
11:17am, 25 Nov 2021
346 posts
  •  
azx
I've been out of action for a few months with a torn cartilage in my knee. I had a knee arthroscopy a couple of weeks ago and am feeling pretty good now. The pain has gone and I was up on my feet the day after the op. To be honest I feel I could go out for a 10k right now, but know I shouldn't push it. Anyone have any experience of this and how it went afterwards? Did a search but didn't come up with anything.
Nov 2021
2:13pm, 25 Nov 2021
10,842 posts
  •  
lammo
Hope it heals quickly, no experience here, but i guess my advise would be take it slowly and easily, no rush.

Good luck
Nov 2021
2:17pm, 25 Nov 2021
23,197 posts
  •  
Dave A
Hopefully it’ll heal quick. I’ve currently got a torn meniscus that isn’t bad enough to need surgery so I’m on the slow rehab train.
azx
Nov 2021
2:34pm, 25 Nov 2021
347 posts
  •  
azx
Thanks for the thoughts.

Basically, I had the op on a Wednesday. Used a walking stick for that day. Next day I rested. Friday I did a short walk of 15 mins walking with a straight leg but no stick. Saturday I could walk up and downstairs ok. Didn't have any pain from the op to speak of. After about 10 days I did a walk of an hour up and down a steepish hill and have had a couple of short rides since getting my stitches out a couple of days ago. Am itching to get a bit of fitness back.

Hope yours goes ok, Dave.
Nov 2021
11:23am, 26 Nov 2021
40,307 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Best of luck for speedy recovery. Sorry, no experience of this (or indeed any surgery for MSK damage from running or any other cause. Lucky I guess.) Keep us posted (and hope someone with experience pops in too.) :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by azx
I've been out of action for a few months with a torn cartilage in my knee. I had a knee arthroscopy a couple of weeks ago and am feeling pretty good now. The pain has gone and I was up on my feet the day after the op. To be honest I feel I could go out for a 10k right now, but know I shouldn't push it. Anyone have any experience of this and how it went afterwards? Did a search but didn't come up with anything.