Knee

1 watcher
Apr 2011
11:15pm, 25 Apr 2011
56 posts
  •  
KelvinC
I still have my annoying knee issue, been 15 weeks now! I didnt realise how much an injury gets you down.
I have some bril weeks, then some rubbish ones. I have a great run one day, then 2-3 days of this annoying knee.
I regularly ice and stretch everyday. I wish I know what was causing this on the inside of mainly my left knee.
Sometimes in the right one, but never bad enough to stop running. OH well...........sorry I am moaning.
Jun 2011
7:40am, 14 Jun 2011
First-time poster!!
  •  
Goldie999
Morning. Just picking up on your issue, have you managed to resolve it yet?

I started running this time last year to compete in the great Eastern run - Half marathon in Peterborough. All was going swimmingly but I 'ran' into trouble at the ten mile mark. Like an idiot, I wanted to finish so ran/ hobbled the last 3 miles. I rested and iced etc and then ran again with a club and the knee went again. Rested and iced again and went for a 5 miler and it collapsed completely. That was back in November....

I've since been to a sports massage therapist which was really good and gave some short term benefits, however, the pain returned and in mid March I had really had enough. I cashed in on my health insurance, having read horror stories of knee displacement, and having been told I suffer from a vast range of injuries from all of my running mates - lol!

I've had an MRI scan which shows a condition called Semimembranosus Tendonopathy (inner Hamstring) which is connected to the knee through the joint. This is the pain I was getting (ie the inner part of my kneecap and through the joint). The MRI showed swelling and a bit of fluid/ infammation of the joint/ tendon). I'm now having physio to try and sort it but have also discovered that I severely hyperextend (ie my leg goes too far the wrong way at the knee joint), which was the underlying cause.... too much crosstraining at the gym I fear. It's going to be a long road to recovery!

My message is really to get it checked out professionally. I'd never have thought in a million years that it would be the hamstring as opposed to the knee.

Good luck to you!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by KelvinC
I thought I would just post in case anyone could offer some advice. Its been four weeks now since my...