•  
Autumnleaves
*ties knot in Bint's hankie*
Jul 2014
9:06pm, 5 Jul 2014
617 posts
  •  
TeeBee
I did a workshop with James 3 or 4 years ago, and have just booked up another. He's a great bloke. Really knows his stuff.
Jul 2014
2:55pm, 9 Jul 2014
4,276 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Stage 2 is now complete - enjoyed those exercises & was pleased with how strong me legs felt. Start next set tonight which include some new stretches. I can't endorse the video instructions highly enough - they are really clear and easy to follow.
Jul 2014
3:04pm, 9 Jul 2014
5,577 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Right. I'm always impressed by your training AL, anything you think is good warrants a look in from me. AND I noted that Katie B endorses this lot.

I followed the link recently but it was late at night and I wasn't ready to start so didn't do the email address bit...as soon as Raffo takes the dog out I will get a ganders at the first session. I hope!
Jul 2014
3:06pm, 9 Jul 2014
4,277 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Excellent :)
.B.
Jul 2014
3:43pm, 9 Jul 2014
11,935 posts
  •  
.B.
I signed up a few days ago but not started.
Today I did day 1. My legs are aching from bootcamp last night, but I found the hamstring stretch quite pleasant to ease my legs. it's a bit boring doing so many reps, but I will persevere! :-)
Jul 2014
3:45pm, 9 Jul 2014
4,278 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I have found Stage 2 much easier than Stage 1 - although I did feel that the stretches were doing a lot of good. I struggled with the standing on one leg stuff (especially with eyes closed, must have looked hysterical) - and grew to hate the adductor stretch!
.B.
Jul 2014
3:52pm, 9 Jul 2014
11,937 posts
  •  
.B.
Ah yes, adductor stretch, most inelegant! :-)
Jul 2014
4:17pm, 9 Jul 2014
5,578 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Raffo already back from dog walk ( the short one -25 minutes) which JUST gave me time to go through all day one, but not time to do 3x 20 of everything. Hammie stretch feels a bit nothing, but I was surprised how hard it seemed to squeeze both glutes on the hip stretch. Might be doing it a bit wrong.

Can balance on one leg for ever - but not with eyes closed. Will be good to do balance work again.

Actually looking forward to adductor stretch - didn't get time to try that one although it looks vaguely familiar.

I 'ought' to be able to do all this being an ex Pilates teacher and all that....

the strength stuff will prob be another matter...
Jul 2014
4:23pm, 9 Jul 2014
4,286 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I can balance well with my eyes open - I tried visualising the window in my mind's eye to see if that would help me stop wobbling but I remained pretty rubbish!

About This Thread

Maintained by Autumnleaves
I thought I would give this a go - wondered if any Fetchies had tried it? www.kinetic-revolution.com...