Kicked on the ankle bone?

2 watchers
Feb 2015
10:29am, 16 Feb 2015
172 posts
  •  
larkim
Well, that's what it feels like. On the inner side of my left ankle, for the last 3 weeks it feels like I've permanently just been hit on the ankle bone - literally, right on the bone. A bit like a pain I had when I was at school and a cricket ball hit that bony part and was then bruised for a few days afterwards.

Not particularly debillitating, feels a little sore when I start to run but disappears after about 800m. I tend to run every 2 days, it is sorer on the day after a run, but decreases the following day. And then back up again after a run. So overall isn't getting any more painful, but nor is it getting better.

I've googled and the symptoms don't seem to be consistent with any other running related injury (or perhaps I'm just terrible at describing it!).

Anyone else?
Feb 2015
10:43am, 16 Feb 2015
71,380 posts
  •  
santababy
moi. have you upped you mileage or been runinng up or down hills? or on trails?

anterior ankle impingement. have a google
Feb 2015
11:32am, 16 Feb 2015
173 posts
  •  
larkim
Not particularly on the mileage, but a few more hills and a little more trail recently.

I'm not wholly convinced of that diagnosis to be honest - that all seems to refer to pain at the front or back of the ankle joint, this is firmly and squarely on the bottom of the fibula (as now I know it from the diagrams!) - the protruding "ankle bone" on the inside.

I'll keep reading however, it all may become clear! Thanks a lot for responding too!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Well, that's what it feels like. On the inner side of my left ankle, for the last 3 weeks it feels...