Keswick Buttermere 34K road race

2 watchers
Jan 2014
7:11pm, 5 Jan 2014
483 posts
  •  
jacdaw
Thanks Dave, your Garmin splits are really useful, but you're much quicker than me. If I manage 3 hours I will be pleased.

It's useful to know about that little hill at mile 18 - 19. I'm not sure I know where that is.
Jan 2014
7:32pm, 5 Jan 2014
484 posts
  •  
jacdaw
Is that last hill past the Swinside Inn? That's a nasty little hill...
Jan 2014
7:40pm, 5 Jan 2014
188 posts
  •  
davelord
Yes it will be jacdaw , i was very well prepared for race just over exhuberent {sp}at start , for perspective i ran a 1:22 1/2 in build up then after went to Manchester (april) for my 1st ever sub 3, you will enjoy it , but you will be sore after and anytime there is a good time
Jan 2014
9:19pm, 5 Jan 2014
337 posts
  •  
Roberto
I plan to do it if I can get over this little niggle and get my mileage up in time. A few from my club rave about it but heard its tough.
Jan 2014
9:26pm, 5 Jan 2014
28,624 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I did it in 2009. It's an interesting route, out along the Borrowdale road and taking in Honister and Newlands passes. I loved it :)

It's challenging, and it's not an event for people who think the party is at the back. I entered in 2011, and DNF'd because within about 4 miles I'd been terminally dropped by the rest of the field and didn't want to keep the volunteers up on the passes for any longer than was necessary in the wind and rain. But it's cheap and it's friendly and it's wonderfully scenic.

jacdaw, Roberto, you will both be fine :)
Jan 2015
10:15pm, 10 Jan 2015
1,240 posts
  •  
jacdaw
I didn't manage to do this race last year, but really was going to do it this year... but it isn't going to happen. It looks like it won't be happening again :(

keswickac.blogspot.co.uk
Jan 2015
10:20pm, 10 Jan 2015
2,235 posts
  •  
Anna Bomb
That's a shame as it was a cracking race even though I've avoided it for the past few years due to it destroying my quads

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by jacdaw
Has anybody done this race in previous years?

I have been planning to do it for years now, but ev...