Karrimor for Sweatshop trainers

1 watcher
Dec 2015
11:11pm, 23 Dec 2015
12,883 posts
  •  
Gooner
Hey folks, I've recently purchased a pair of Karrimor Zephyr 200 trainers as a test for something more minimal and they are really comfortable and seem to suit me well si I was wondering if anybody had any experience with either of their other offerings and could tell me how they are?

These are the ones that I have.
sweatshop.co.uk

These are the others on offer.
sweatshop.co.uk
sweatshop.co.uk

TIA. G.
Dec 2015
9:21pm, 24 Dec 2015
12,888 posts
  •  
Gooner
Helloooooo....anybody out there.....?
Dec 2015
9:37pm, 24 Dec 2015
11,135 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Interesting. I admit, I view the Karrimor trainers with suspicion. So I've not even tried a pair on. Maybe a bit unfair as I have shorts, gloves and a top which are all OK. But these are unlikely to injure you if they are problematic. Then again, I've bought quite a few trainers on the "are they cheap? Do they feel OK on?" basis which have worked fine so maybe I should give them a go.

(It's the 70 off! making me wary particularly. "Original price £179.99, now £49.99!". £180 trainers, aye right.)
Dec 2015
9:50pm, 24 Dec 2015
12,090 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
I destroyed a pair of Karrimor "Lite" shoes in a little over 300 miles at a time when I was getting 2000 from my Mizunos.
Dec 2015
9:53pm, 24 Dec 2015
6,152 posts
  •  
pedroscalls
Karrimor stuff is a bit of a hit and miss, but you have to remember that it's just an arm of Sports Direct group.
Dec 2015
11:18pm, 24 Dec 2015
12,891 posts
  •  
Gooner
Yeah, I noticed the Sports Direct link which gave me slight cause to worry but thought I'd give them a shot as cash is a bit tight at the mo.

I think I would be happy with the shorter life expectancy as I don't exactly do many miles, just wondering if they were liable to start falling apart and if the numbers related to weight or 'drop' etc.
Jan 2016
2:44pm, 18 Jan 2016
2,330 posts
  •  
Hackett
Like Dvorak - I shy away from Karrimor trainers. I don't mind wearing karrimor running gloves or even a running jacket but when it comes to my trainers I prefer to go for recognised running brands and not a Mike Ashley product. With so many sales and daily deals on I am sure you can find something with a recognised brand.
Jan 2016
7:44pm, 18 Jan 2016
13,005 posts
  •  
Gooner
They were on sale recently for £22 a pop so I gave them a try.

In all fairness, they may not last as long as others (yet to be seen) but the are comfortable, well fitting and feel good over shorter distances.

As yet, I'd definitely replace them with the same unit when they die for the price they are.
Jun 2017
3:18pm, 17 Jun 2017
13,769 posts
  •  
Dvorak
How did those Karrimors work out, Gooner? I spoken to a few people at parkrun who've been quite happy with theirs (various models). Not tried any myself yet. Would be better with the opposite of minimal at the moment.
Jun 2017
3:54pm, 17 Jun 2017
1,618 posts
  •  
StuHolmes
I know Sweatshop staff who 'wouldn't sell Karrimor to their worst enemy". Not tried their shoes myself, but the non-sale prices are pure fantasy.

About This Thread

Maintained by Gooner
Hey folks, I've recently purchased a pair of Karrimor Zephyr 200 trainers as a test for something m...