Haggis
Where do I find the Job board?

Tried a search but no results... :(
Oct 2016
4:39pm, 17 Oct 2016
5,970 posts
  •  
Jambomo
On the Red bar at the top (where you have options such as Home, Forum, Train etc) there is a people tab and it is under there.
Oct 2016
9:35am, 18 Oct 2016
1,428 posts
  •  
Haggis
Thank you kindly Jambomo... :)

Will be posting on it shortly! :(
Oct 2016
1:22pm, 18 Oct 2016
5,972 posts
  •  
Jambomo
Sorry to hear it Haggis. Hope you find something soon.
Oct 2016
3:07pm, 20 Oct 2016
1,429 posts
  •  
Haggis
OK, that's me added my details.

Hunt begins in earnest in November, until then I'm having a week or so to myself to get organised...
Jan 2017
6:49pm, 4 Jan 2017
68,818 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Dio, last year was a nightmare, the weather was crap and I invoiced £75 total in the months of December and January. Thankfully I had a caring job alongside gardening, for a lady with Alzheimers and I also teach yoga, but that wasn't enough to survive on. I dipped into my redundancy money to survive.
This year I have more clients which has resulted in more winter jobs and the weather has been kind. So far I have only lost 6 days of work due to weather. I have been building new raised beds, pruning trees and shrubs, coppicing, bulb planting and I even have had to cut lawns right up to christmas. For the coming months I have some design jobs and plantings plans and some more fruit tree pruning and coppicing. I also teach 6 more printmaking workshops for people with dementia, from the end of this month, once a week. I had 6 of those too in September/October/November, which has helped. One client has now got me involved in everything to do with his business, including looking after his posh holiday lets, checking in guests, quality control, and I have just started working on the graphic design side of their new website :-o So, practically, from one job comes another and I tackle everything :) The holiday lets, I started off doing the gardening, then I started landscaping work, then they asked me to design a new part of the garden, then they were stuck with their manager suddenly leaving so I offered to help. Now I am more or less managing both the farm and the business as well as looking after the gardens and house when the client is away!
Jan 2017
6:54pm, 4 Jan 2017
19,745 posts
  •  
Diogenes
That's great, Hann, but then you do have a lot of varied skills and experience and are obviously very capable.

Wobbling, I'd apply, if I had any suitable experience. After travelling up and down to London for my treatment recently I quite fancy working in London again.
Jan 2017
8:33pm, 4 Jan 2017
68,820 posts
  •  
Hanneke
And in this part of the world, we all do at least two jobs to keep our heads above water, so I am not unusual, mixing it up :) I will soon be able to ad herbalist to my list of qualifications :)
Jan 2017
8:33pm, 4 Jan 2017
19,700 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
That sounds like a great a varied work life, Hann.
Jan 2017
8:55pm, 4 Jan 2017
68,826 posts
  •  
Hanneke
It is RS. The way to survive as a freelancer is to have many irons in the fire :)

I am lucky enough with clients seeing my varied abilities, talents and experience. The one with the holiday lets is determined to make full use of ALL my skills and talents, bless him, and I am loving it! Working on their new website this morning!

I gave another client IT advice the other day, when I was there for the garden. I was invited in for a coffee (they do excellent coffee, all my clients, it is a pre-requisite ;) ) and they expressed frustration with the new laptop... The wife also comes to my yoga classes (how she found out I also garden) and they expressed their gratitude by giving me a high tea voucher for two for xmas! Must be doing something right ;)

About This Thread

Maintained by
Seems barely a day goes by without one of the Fetchie community being made redundant or being put at...