Jelly Babies ?????

2 watchers
Apr 2017
2:04pm, 25 Apr 2017
1,683 posts
  •  
Mick n Phil ( OBE )
Can I ask any of you please, who eat Jelly babies

I have always been a wine gum man myself, just like the taste of them, evening time on settee or laying on bed sucking on a few

but on Sunday in London at around 14.5 - 16.5 my levels dropped suddenly, I though what can I do , I am drinking plenty,

so on seeing loads of places handing out jelly babies - I made the decision to take some, and they weren't to bad - I must say they tasted ok - I took quite a few off various points after 17 miles,

after about 30 minutes or so after first lot I picked up again rapidly, after a while more I started to feel like the bionic man

perhaps now that Phil is heavier and i'm older I need that extra, - I do know that gels make me feel yuk, so their out

so, jelly babie people - what do they do for you I 'm wondering
Apr 2017
5:37pm, 25 Apr 2017
2,712 posts
  •  
Lemon10
I like jelly babies when running and they were always my first choice but I am now addicted to Rowntrees Randoms when running (but would still happily scoff jelly babies as well). I am also partial to half a can of Red Bull at halfway, it doesn't give me wings (like the advert) but it does seem to give me a kick up the bum when I need it! Whatever it takes to get round! :-)
Apr 2017
5:53pm, 25 Apr 2017
8,164 posts
  •  
Ness
I do like jelly babies if they're being given out at a race.

The thing I always take with me are....

tesco.com

Dextrose tablets are quite digestible. I carry a few wrapped in cling film and have chewed on them after the half way stage of most of my half marathons.

Hope you are well btw. x
Apr 2017
6:49pm, 26 Apr 2017
1,941 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I've tried jelly beans but they get stuck between my teeth. Depending on the race, I may carry them or just rely on picking up some from spectators along the route.

Nowadays, I even carry a cereal bar in my back pocket and have a bite every few miles once I'm over halfway.
Apr 2017
7:27pm, 26 Apr 2017
208 posts
  •  
TomahawkMike
I would give marmite jelly babies a go. Can't seem to buy them so I might experiment.
Apr 2017
8:29am, 27 Apr 2017
6,087 posts
  •  
paul the builder
Mick - how come you started at the front this year rather than behind the field? It was a surprise to pass you guys on the road.
May 2017
10:08am, 2 May 2017
1,943 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Last weekend, I experimented with Skittles which seemed to be as good as jelly babies although they sounded like I had a metronome in my pocket as I ran.
May 2017
10:31am, 2 May 2017
10,528 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I like jelly babies, though recently have had Shot Bloks after a few recommendations - I like them as I find them not so sweet.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Can I ask any of you please, who eat Jelly babies

I have always been a wine gum man myself, just ...