Jagermeister 10K 2nd August 2013

3 watchers
Jul 2013
4:46pm, 3 Jul 2013
242 posts
  •  
Revbarbarag
Having had a quick look at the list of Fetchies signed up for this and their PB's, I can see I am going to be several hours behind everyone else, but never mind.

Has anyone done this before? If so - have you got a Garmin or Fetch record of the route, so I could have a look at the elevation profile? Or failing that - how hilly is it?
Jul 2013
4:50pm, 3 Jul 2013
5,044 posts
  •  
becca7
Not done it for a couple of years but it was quite undulating. If you know the Nottingham Uni campus you will have an idea of the hills - not particularly steep or long but not what you would want in a 10km. Aside from that quite a pleasant route. I will try and find my Garmin file.
Jul 2013
4:54pm, 3 Jul 2013
5,045 posts
  •  
becca7
Wowzer. 2009 was when I last ran it. I think I am normally on hols the first week of August. http://www.fetcheveryone.com/route-125907
Jul 2013
4:58pm, 3 Jul 2013
77 posts
  •  
thuginasuit
Did it last year,hilly enough to cost me 3 mins. Having said that I had done a hot marathon the week before!
Jul 2013
5:12pm, 3 Jul 2013
244 posts
  •  
Revbarbarag
Thanks, Becca - it looks like they have moved the finish slightly, but otherwise it's the same. 143m of ascent, as against 108m in the one and only 10K I've done previously.... but that was on trails, so hopefully the fact this is on road will compensate.

TiaS - anyone who does a 10K a week after any marathon deserves respect <bows>

This does perhaps mean that the 7 minute PB improvement I was hoping for might be a little ambitious..... :(
Jul 2013
6:19am, 4 Jul 2013
921 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
It is one which is classed as "challenging" but apparently it's a "must do" for lots of people :-)
Jul 2013
9:51am, 4 Jul 2013
246 posts
  •  
Revbarbarag
Here's me in my ignorance just signing up because it was convenient. Sunday races are a bit of an issue in my profession :)
Jul 2013
10:11am, 4 Jul 2013
812 posts
  •  
Pedro_Perez
Go for it Rev, dont let the course put you off......what goes up must come down. :-)
Jul 2013
6:56pm, 4 Jul 2013
248 posts
  •  
Revbarbarag
Oh, I'm going - I've paid and got my number!!! I'm not good at running faster downhill, though, so I won't necessarily gain as much as I could on the downhills. I was convinced I had 65 minutes in the bag, now I'm not so sure....

Sometimes I need to remind myself that I'm not trying to get into the Olympics, so the time targets I set myself are just figures I've come up with so I've got something to focus on..... not life or death matters :)
Jul 2013
7:38pm, 4 Jul 2013
18,794 posts
  •  
hammerite
Plenty of jagermeister consumed in the bar afterwards too usually.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by RevBarbaraG
Having had a quick look at the list of Fetchies signed up for this and their PB's, I can see I am g...