Jacket for when its cold and wet

1 watcher
Feb 2013
12:56pm, 12 Feb 2013
354 posts
  •  
mblnFERCr
Cheers rf, I had also wondered if I'd gone soft after my 15 year exile in the south ;)
Feb 2013
2:56pm, 12 Feb 2013
2,406 posts
  •  
Garfield
I've been using a Paramo base layer, then something slightly warmer plus the Kamleika and it saw me through a cold and constantly raining long run last year. I'm out there for ages on my long runs. Occasionally I'll even supplement that with a Montane windshirt (which is very windproof), just under the Kamleika. I don't like being cold...or wet!
Feb 2013
3:36pm, 12 Feb 2013
1,431 posts
  •  
Lyns
I'm a big fan of a fleece gilet for the mid-layer. I good a good haglofs one cheap at sports pursuit.
Merino for base and for socks and buff/hat as it really is warmer when wet than anything else.

Then wind and waterproof top - I am wearing a mountain biking one from gore at the moment for running in stupid weather, if i get hot i unzip it enough to shrug my shoulders out and tie the arms round my waist but keep the zip done up round my tummy.
Feb 2013
1:20pm, 17 Feb 2013
360 posts
  •  
mblnFERCr
Well I've arrived at a solution of sorts - Haglofs Barrier vest. After lots of thought I decided what I needed was some emergency warmth for when conditions or my speed mean I need supplemental warmth. When moving well I'm generating enough heat to remain warm. The barrier is packable enough that I can pack it when I expect to need it - looks like I'll get to test the theory at the Moonlight Challenge next weekend - winter's back midweek so enjoy the sun while it lasts.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
I asked this question last year, about this time after dropping to the half at Steyning Stinger - th...